Chapter 59

Antonio

I wake up to unbearable pain shooting throughout my entire body. I can't believe I'm alive. I'm in a concrete room. When I look around none of my surroundings are familiar. Only people are. My brother is chained across from me, there is a wound on his head and dry blood that was previously dripping down his forehead. His eyes are closed but his breathing is steady.

"Rocco," I whisper not wanting to grab too much attention by shouting. "Rocco, wake up."

I move my arms to make a rattling noise of the metal in order to wake Rocco up. Slowly, he comes to fluttering his eyes open until they widen when they see my face.

"You're alive!"

"Yes, now shh," I scold. "You'll arouse the guards."

"Fuck, you have no idea how glad I am to see you're alive. Thank god." Seems like he just did a quick prayer.

"Where is Arielle?"

"She should be in Chicago by now with Hazel and Bella."

I sigh in relief.

"So," Rocco says sounding bored. "Got any idea on how we can get out of these?"

"Not yet," I analyze the prison to see if anything could cut through the metal chains. "Our best bet would be disarming a guard and taking his keys." The chains are about a foot apart from the wall to the cuff on the wrist, I notice which gives me an idea. Not a very effective one, but an idea nonetheless. "Wait for one of them to come in, let them get close and wrap the chain around his neck and choke him to death."

"Is that all?" Rocco says drily. "How exactly do you get them close?"

"I don't know, provocation? Say your chains are too tight and you have a rash and tell them to look. I don't know, just anything to get their attention. Tell them they're ugly for all I care and start a damn fight."

Rocco's laugh grabs the attention of the guards and they say through the bars of the jail like dungeon for us to shut up.

"Make me, Russian Bastard," Rocco spits in the guards direction.

"I'll fucking show you," the muscles on the massive Bratva soldier would be enough to make any man cower, but it is a good thing Rocco and I aren't like most men.

We are never afraid of a challenge.

Never back down.

The guard approaches Rocco and grabs either side of his head ready to bash his brains into the stone wall behind him when I save the day.

"Fuck you," is the first thing I spit out. "What's the matter? Intimidated by an Italian who you are twice his size?"

"I'll show you, Italian ublyudok," the body builder storms at me and I hold my arms our the closer he gets as I wrap my arms around him to get him in place before wrapping the metal cuff around his neck and pull. I pull so tight that the metal cuts into his skin and causes him to bleed over my hands.

His body slouches in my grasp but I don't let him fall to the fall. Rocco shoots me an annoyed glance as I smirk. "Showoff," my little brother mumbles. "I had him you know."

"Sure," I roll my eyes. I use my free hand to search his pocket until I find the key. They should really get a better system because unlocking the cuffs on my arms and feet were too easy.

In a rush I unlock Rocco and search the guard some more for weapons. I take his pistol while Rocco is stuck with a switchblade knife. Although having a firearm would be superior in this situation and easier to kill our enemies, I know Rocco, and if anyone is good with a knife it's him. His precision and accuracy are unbelievable.

None of the guards in the dungeon hallway were paying any attention to the commotion that was just happening in the cell. They must've thought that the big bastard was simply beating us up. I nod to Rocco to kill the closest guard, quick jab to the head. Using the noise of the pistol would be loud and attract too much attention.

With swift motion, Rocco instantly kills three guards before earning the attention from one of the guards further down the hall. They yell in Russian and the guards from the opposite side of the hallway rush to attack.

The Bratva soldiers rush at us from both ends of the dungeon hallway. That's when I cock the pistol back, aim and fire. From the other side I spot Angelo and Riccardo who are firing with there rifles. Everything goes off when Vlas Macksacova walks in with Marco Ricci.

Vlas is staring at Angelo. No wonder what is going through their minds. Angelo nods and Vlas pulls a gun near Marco's head. The old badass freaks out as his face turns pale.

"Bros' oruzhiye, Bratva." Vlas shouts and all the Bratva members drops their guns. "Antonio shoot!"

Under a blink I pull the trigger and Marco Ricci collapses on the floor with blood oozing amidst his eyes I hear the crack of his skull and that's when I feel relieved.

"Congratulations, Angelo. You are now the Capo of New York." Vlas mutters. "I look forward on having a war with New York." His Russian accent makes the word more appealing.

"You'll always remain a dick." Angelo grins and Vlas leaves with his Bratva men.

"You've made it to the top, bro." Rocco gives Angelo a hug.

Angelo gazes at me and I bow my head with a smirk. He smiles back with a nod. I guess that's the end of our chaotic chapters of life.

Hey Sweet Readers, how many of you want a sequel of this book?
I'm thinking of writing book 2, but it will not be about Antonio and Arielle, it will be for Rocco. Rocco's story will be romantic too. Do tell me if you want a sequel.

I love you all ♡