Chapter 6

Antonio

After hearing that my father has been slaughtered I could not hold on for more than a second but attempted the urge to get out from Verona Mansion. Rocco sent me a message during the conference I read it and did not give a reaction to my rival, Ricci.

Marco has sold his twenty years old daughter to me and he told me about Arielle being a virgin. At some point I felt bad for her. She is innocent and she is bound to come to me because of her cruel and heartless father. I want to marry her under the circumstances of an arranged marriage. The world needs to see our relationship through an arranged agreement. I don't want to make a fool out of Arielle. She will the one who would get the title about being sold to me.

One week ago we came to New York for business purpose. Rocco stayed back in Chicago to look after the city within our absence. Seraphia wanted to meet my father I thought to invite her at the villa we rented in New York. Father was happy to meet her. But I lost her the night before. Since our childhood we have learned that love was weakness instead I fall in love with Seraphia, her lost gave me an intense lost and I am still searching for her murderer.

This morning I've heard about my father's death. After dad now I will be ruling over the city of Chicago and I swear to madonna about not letting any piece of effort scatter which my father had built with his compassion.

Arielle. She is a cute girl with blue eyes, black hair, fair skin and she is slim. Definitely reminds me of Seraphia. Her innocence was gleaming on her eyes. She is now sold to me, I needed to take her with me but not under this situation. I warned Marco not to hurt her until she does not come to me.

Now that my father is dead I already got a lot of responsibilities. I am currently driving to the hospital to take his body then I will take his corpse to Chicago for the his final rites.

I never thought father would leave us too soon. I was still learning about the position of being the next Capo. Yet, I can't show my sadness. A Capo needs to be strong in front of his men. Weakness has never been considered in our world.

Whoever killed my father I swear I will ruin his life. I will definitely find him. He can't be happy when I am mourning the death of my father.

Arriving at the hospital I rush to the elevator then to the morgue. The nurse leads me inside and shows me my father's body.

"When they took him here he was badly injured in the head and according the post mortem report. Someone tried to strangle him leaving his brain without oxygen. He died on the spot. One bullet was found on his right chest."

I look at my father's dead body. His face has turned purple and there are several bruises near his eyes and nose. He died with a smile—the only brave man I've known for my entire life. He was a real hero.

I bow my head in front of him. It's a mafia rite. I thought I would cry after seeing him but tears never appeared on my eyes. I felt the pain but it never came out and it hurts.

I have my brother on my side now. Father's death has left us without any family. It was the three of us now we are two.

The Giordanos are being weak but I will rebuild our strength. If I am not wrong there must be a hand of the Riccis behind my father's death. His sons or himself.

I will find the real culprit soon.

The jet is ready and I just need to take the body to the airport. An ambulance accompanied me to the airport. I never thought that one day my father would travel on the plane while staying in the cargo hold.