Chapter 39

Arielle

"Why are are smiling. This is a serious situation." I utter.

"I know Amara Salvadore and I can take you to her. She is the mother of my friend, Maximo Salvadore the under boss in Las Vegas. Let me deal with some businesses then we'll fly to Vegas."

"That's great." My lips curls into a smile.

"What will you use the aim for?" He darts his sharp gazes to me.

Taking a deep breath I meet his gazes, "to take Marco Ricci down."

A smirk appears on his lips, "because he sold you to me. Am I such bad?" He glances at me with lustful eyes and his voice is full of amusement.

"Did I affirm you are bad?" I straighten myself on the chair.

"Then you should be happy he sold you to me." He winks at me.

"That's not the issue. He failed as a father. He never loved me, I was living in his hell and he never gave me the freedom I wanted." My voice changes to icy cold.

"Do you have freedom here?" Passion embraces his words.

Riccardo smiles at me then walks toward the living room while giving us some privacy. I nod my head in acceptance. Antonio has never refused me from doing what I want and he cares for me more than I know.

"Of course." I hiss.

"Do you feel like you've been sold to me. Be honest, Arielle." He does not remove his eyes from mine and it makes me more anxious to speak.

"No. I've..." I shake my head. "You actually care for me and have respect toward me."

He nods his head. "Don't expect more things from me. I'm not a man who feels butterflies and all..." he says in a cold tone which sends daggers to my heart.

"I should admit one thing. We don't know much about each other."

He chuckles shaking his head. "You don't know thing about me." He corrects.

My brows knits together and I analyse his face. What does he mean? He doesn't know me. He looks at me with fond desire in his intense azure eyes.

"What do you know about me?" My eyes widen in shock and a smile plays on my lips.

"That you adore reading, Amore and you've purchased the entire series. You enjoy watching the tv. You prefer chocolate oat bar and coffee as morning breakfast. Your favourite dish is lasagna. Your favourite colour is white, I noticed you often wear white clothes. You applying many makeup. Your hobby is reading. You love your brother the most. You don't enjoy listening music when you are alone at home. You have an enthusiasm of throwing lettuce at people who mess with you and prefers to use a vase as self defence."

My jaw drops and I gazes at him in complete surprise. He knows way too much thing about me. "What the hell. That's way too much. We don't speak with each other during weeks. We barely have conversations and when we have one, we quarrel!" I feel my cheeks grow hot and red.

"I'm your husband." He declares.

"I'm your wife and don't know a glimpse about you. How do you know all these things? From Riccardo?"

He shakes his head, "no." He smiles and he looks cute.

"I'm the Capo of this city. I have record of this entire city and you are my wife I don't need people to tell me your personal things. I have camera surveillance all over the house and I watch you when I'm free."

"No way. This is insane!" I run a had over my hair. I never noticed the cameras. "Does Ric know about the secret camera?" I question him.

"No." He grins.

"Okay." I whisper. Damn he has been watching over me. That's embarrassing, is there camera in our bedroom too? "You watch me when you're free." I laugh.

"Yeah. I need to know what you are up for. What if you stab Riccardo and run. I should know."

"Don't you trust me."

He shrugs, "maybe or maybe not. Why should I tell you."

"Okay. Now tell me about yourself. I don't have cameras hovering over you." I snap with a daring gaze.

His eyes flickers to me. "I am Antonio Giordano. Capo of Chicago Outfit. I have a wife and a brother." He grins and he looks carefree. Does he know how dashing he looks while smiling. I wish I can capture this moment.

I roll my eyes. "The entire city knows this." My voice is a little louder than it should be.

"What do you want to know then?" He asks in a sarcastic voice.

"What a wife should know about her husband."

Our eyes locked. He glances at me then bites his lower lip teasingly and an urge of desire rushes through me. The feeling of lust embrace me till the core.

"Favourite colour, black. Like to carry a gun. Adore to slay rivals. Favourite food, pizza. I hate watching tv. I abor business while dealing with Insomnia. Used to enjoy adventures. Reading is not my cup of tea. My city comes first than any other responsibilities. My family gives me strength. I'm currently dreading with want to slay my father's murderer."

I swallow the knot forming in my throat and stare in with dread. "Nothing is common between us." My voice comes out low.

"Exactly."

"You didn't say about anything you love."

"I don't love."

The chill in his voice makes me want to sob. Seems like I just visualise my future—Antonio the dark man who has a mysterious past. His compassion of slaying his rival will never decrease. The hatred he has grown inside him will never allow him to grow a family. Our life will be red in colour,  house brim with weapons, relationship dark as our unknown shadows. Our deep secret will massacre our dream and desires. For how long we are going to keep out mouth shut. I know he is hiding something deep with me.