Chapter 60

Arielle

“Darling, I've finally figured out why they sold you to me—you are fucking vulnerable to survive three days without me."

Antonio.

I rush into his open arms and he picks me up and spins me kissing me in the fever of passion. I press my body flush against him wanting, needing him as close as he could possibly be. Through the kiss I taste the saltiness of my tears dripping down. Antonio pulls back with a dashing smile and wipes the tears away.

“I thought you were dead!”

“So did I, the Bratva captured us, twice, Rocco and I got free though. I will always come back to you; do you hear me?” He grabs the nape of my neck. “I couldn’t leave you alone, especially not when I haven’t gotten the chance to welcome my daughter into the world.”

I cry out in happiness and press my lips once more against his. He tastes like mint, his skin is rough under my fingers but his scars don’t bother me one bit.

Antonio lays me on my back on our bed and crawls over me. I notice new scars on his arms and his face—including the soon-to-be new scar from the black thread stitched onto the side of his face going from the end of his eyebrow down to his cheekbone.

His lips trail over my collarbone as his hands work to unclothe me. My own greedy hands roam under his shirt to feel his abs and strong pecs. My fingers trail over thin lines from knife wounds and circular wounds from bullet holes. My man has been through so much, yet he is here with me—alive!

This doesn’t seem real. I need him more than I need my next breath of oxygen. Our kissing is sloppy and rushed but I can’t slow down for him, not by a single second. I throw his shirt over his head and off his body as I thrust and grind my pelvis against the growing erection in his pants.

Antonio groans in the base of my neck and fumbles with the belt of his pants. I help him push the pants down to his ankles and urge them off his body. I don’t want a single scrap of clothing on either of us. I want him on top of me and crushing me with his body heat.

I buck my hips against him sliding my wet heat against his erection. We both moan and already I’m seeing stars. I lift my hips and beg for him to fill me. In one powerful thrust he is inside of me and I scream out nearly convulsing already. The orgasm building at the base of my spine is a ticking time-bomb ready to go off at the slightest touch and feel of him.

Antonio removes his head from the crook of my neck to stare into my eyes. His dilated, lust filled ones bore into mine in the most erotic and intimate way. I can’t look away let out a breathy moan. The sensations were enough to send me off the edge but just looking at Antonio and knowing it is him with me in this morning completely throws me into an ecstasy-filled chasm.

I struggle to keep my eyes open as my body convulses and my release stretches on until Antonio’s rhythmic thrusting turns into rut and he spills himself inside of me with a heavy sigh. He leans forward and rests his forehead against mine. We breath the same air between us and refuses to dislodge from each other’s bodies. I hold the back of his head and lift my lips to meet his.

“I love you,” I breathe out.

He smiles. “I love you too.”

I lay on his chest and listen to his heartbeat. “I was so scared,” I whisper as he plays with my hair. “So scared that you weren’t going to come back. Scared that I would have to live without you.”

“You would be able to live without me.”

I frown. “It would be hard.”

“That’s not the Arielle I know. The Arielle I know would be the best mother to our daughter because she wouldn’t let her be a captive in this world like you were. That Arielle would leave and have a new life and join that online college and have a career."

I smile but once again my eyes turn into a faucet. “I wouldn’t forget you. How could I ever forget you, Antonio Giordano?”

He kisses my temple. “I’m not going anywhere.”

“I know,” I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss his lips.

We stare at each other a long time and I find that I start memorizing his face, every scar, every blemish, every birthmark and every hidden color of grey, light blue and dark.

“You are my Apollo from Amore.” I say before drifting off to sleep.

“Hmm?” His fingers move in a vertical line up and down my spine.

“You once told me weren’t that type of man, but you are. In the nov Apollo does everything in his power to just make it through every day in the war so he can get back to his wife and daughter in Sicily.”

Antonio is my Apollo, it just took a while to figure it out.

"Antonio."

"Yeah?"

I could not hold on the guilt in my heart anymore, "sorry for everything. The love of your life and your father..." I remain quiet with my eyes teary.

"It was in the past, darling. Let's not ruin our present. I think we should think more of our future." He half smile and he reached for my cheeks with his fingers and clean away the tears from streaming. I nod my head in acceptance with a smile.