Chapter 34

Arielle

The glimmering of the alluring chandelier has changed the entire atmosphere of the mansion. There are not many people present except for the significant ones for example a few rivals, family friends and the under boss. While glancing around the hall my eyes landed on a blonde woman, she has wrinkles near her eyes making her look a little old—she is my mother. My heart aches hard. Then I remembered how she did not support me under my crucial situations and all the pain wash away.

She gazes at me from a distance and half smiles. Before I could move and walk to another direction Angelo grabs my hand. My eyes meets my brother and if something is present in my mind is that—he is my only family member. My lips curls into a welcoming smile as I glances at him.

"Hey." I hug him.

"You look stunning." He whispers. "Seems like Antonio is feeding you good. Your cheeks are more cute now." He says teasingly.

"Don't mess with me." I grin looking at him. "Do you have a solution to stop their wedding?" I motion toward Luca and Hazel who are gawking each other with hatred.

"Not yet. It's not going to be easy, only if I kill Luca." Angelo murmurs and his eyes wanders around the hall.

"Kill him then."

He looks at me with judgy eyes. "You're sure?"

"Yeah." I shrug with an amusing look.

"Kill the entire family?" He demands.

"As it suits you. I don't mind at all brother." We exchange a daring look.

"That's like a Capo's wife. You've changed, Arielle and I adore this part of you than the previous one." His voice is soft and calm.

"The changing of my personality was the destiny of faith. Somehow I love this version of me."

"I'm happy that your are stable with all the crisis."

I nod my head with a smile wondering if am I happy or not. From afar I spot Antonio discussing with some of the mafia men. He has one hand in his pocket and motions the other one. He looks handsome but he is vicious. He does not love me. All he has for me is hatred. It's weird to think that we had a fight on our way here.

"I'll have your leave now." Angelo leans a little close to my ear. "Don't forget your task." He whispers in my ear and strides toward Rocco.

Rey de la mafia. I should get it. My eyes glares around the room and all the guest are minding their business. Stepping away from the hall I find the corridor and stride apart from the crowd. My heart is throbbing. The pace of my legs increases and I stay alert while looking around to see if there is someone else over here.

All of a sudden I collide into someone and a loud gasp leaves my lips. "Sorry." I bent down immediately to grab my purse. When I stand up my eyes widen after seeing Vlas.

"Its okay, sweetheart." He says in his fluent Russian accent. He is wearing a black Armani suit and is glaring at me with an icy look.

"Vlas..." I mumble with stitches eyes. "What are you doing here?"

"Roaming around this unique building made of history and Italian arts." He mutters sounding amusing.

"Can I ask what you are doing in Chicago. Leaving your dom back in San Francisco is not obvious. You smell suspicious, Vlas."

He grins devilishly. He is the wrong man to mess with. I've known him for a couple of years now. "I'm on a mission. Wicked plans are running around my mind and one of it includes you." He shots me a gaze.

"I'm not afraid of you."

"You know I cam do anything for power, status and great income. Someone is bribing me and I am accomplishing my duty."

"How is Serene?" I ask him. I know he loves Serene the most. He supports his sister equally like Angelo does to me.

A smile appears on his lips, "she is going great and is looking forward to join the University."

"That's great."

"See you around, lovely Arielle." He says with a smirk then proceed forward through the corridor.

Vlas Macksacova is a deadly powerful Bratva. The Russian mafia is trying to acquire the place of his cruel father. When Vlas sets his eyes on something he is bound to conquer it under any circumstances and his presence in Chicago makes me haunt to think what he is up to do. If ever he tries to fight it will be with Antonio and how stubborn Antonio is with his duty, Vlas is the triple than my husband. People say Vlas does not have a heart, it is because he can kill anyone without mercy and he is believed to be the villain of our story.

I am sure there must he an alleviation in the Rey De La Mafia to turn Vlas Macksacova down.

Pushing open the door of the library I step inside then closed  it behind my back. I rush to the place where last time I saw the book. Analysing the shelf carefully I run my finger against each title written on the books.

"Where the hell is it?"

I run a hand over my head in panic. No. I can't lose it. Who stole it?