Chapter 20

Antonio

I call Angelo for the hundredth time and he is not picking his phone. I tried to reach him by the two way radio but there is not sign of him. Where the fuck is he? I have my men patrolling around the territory. I have not told Arielle anything considering Angelo. She just has her brother within her side. If ever something happens to Angelo then Arielle would never forgive me. She already hates me afterwards she will grow an ocean of hatred for me.

Made men are searching for him everywhere. We even tried to hack his phone but its unreachable. Haven't he returned to New York? Well, I don't think he would leave his sister here alone. What if he betrayed us and is in an agreement with Marco Ricci. If ever Angelo was an intruder I swear to Madonna of slaying him when he becomes visible in my view.

I have seen him fighting and I must agree with the fact of him being extremely strong. Angelo is sharp with mind plotting. Years ago I heard quite impressive things about him regarding the mafia life, during the betting for the next Capo, Angelo was in the highest rank but his father chose Luca as the next Caporegime of New York.

My phone rings and I pick it under a second, its Rocco.

"Shoot."

"We found him."

"Where?"

"Come to the hospital." He hangs up.

Shit! They strike Angelo and here I was suspecting him. In a swift I stormed outside from Leon Mansion and head to the car. He must have been injured severely otherwise Rocco would have never dragged him to the hospital. Being soldiers to the Capo, Made men do not usually visit the hospital. We cure our wounds in private.

My grips tightens over the steering wheel as I pull up in front of the monstrous building. People are gawking at me while I walk past the reception, removing my sunglasses I proceed toward the elevator then press the number which Rocco texted me earlier.

Once the elevator opens I rush trough the corridor then to the ward in which Angelo is admitted. There are five soldiers standing in front of the door with gun on their hands. They bow their head at in the sign of respect then I gesture them with my hand before entering the room.

Rocco is sitting on the couch with her phone in his hand, he gazes at me when I stride inside. My eyes analyses Angelo who is unconsciously laying on the bed with multiples tiny tubes over his body there are several machines making slow beeping sounds. The entire room scents like medicines. Stepping near the bed I stand beside him and watch his face which has been bruised. An oval bandage is wrapped around his face and one is surrounded around his head.

"He got severe damage in the head and the doctor said..." Rocco presses his lips together before gazing at me with dread.

"He said what, Rocco?" My voice is serious and concerning.

"Angelo can barely survive, his skull has been comminuted leaving blood clots on his head. The doctors tried their best to give him the surgery he needed and now he is under observation for the next twenty four hours."

"Nothing should happen to him." I murmur looking at his almost dead corpse.

"Does Arielle know?" Rocco glances at me with knits brows.

I shake my head. I run my palm over my face the pace before the bed. "How do I tell her?" I sigh. "We were supposed to get married the day forward."

"Let's hope Angelo gains his consciousness by the morning." Rocco's voice cracks when he utters each words. I've noticed his friendship with Angelo for the past days. Rocco doesn't makes friend, it's not an obvious choice for him—Angelo meant a lot to Rocco. A weird pain throws pulse in my chest when I realised what would happen when Arielle finds out.