Chapter 7

Arielle

We are at the graveyard. Angelo is standing beside of me. Earlier Antonio did not come to the church. He is now here with his brother. They are standing opposite to me. I watch him starring at the dug grave when he looks in front of him, his eyes meets mine and I shutter by the moment my heart begins pounding.

His brother whispers something in his ear before they smirks. I am sure they must be talking about me. I am all his now.

By the moment the priest proceed to the other rite of putting the coffin in the grave it begins to rain. Angelo opens an umbrella and covers me. Antonio and his brother are standing under the rain. He is soaking and he does not leave a second on arranging his hair with his hand.

I watch as he closes his eyes and I can sense how sadness runs through him before he opens it again. Both brothers are stand right in front of the grave. Antonio looks toward the crowd then puts on hand to his heart.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Thank for gathering here in order to give us your deepest condolences for the depart of my father. Now that's his gone. I will be the one taking over the position which my father left for me. Being a Caporegime my father has sacrificed plenty of things thus he sacrificed his life too. Now I will be taking over his position and will rule over the city of Chicago. I vow to protect my city and slaughter the dejected people. The Giordano brothers will continue to rule over this city. As the Giordanos has promised since decades—I Antonio Giordano promise to take the charge of being the next Capo after the death of Nicolas Giordano."

The coffin enters inside of the grave then the gun shot begin similar as fireworks. This is a rite to the mafia families, they often shot the last remaining bullets which they took for war. It must be the remaining bullets which Nicolas Giordano had with him during his last fight.

I can spot a glimpse of sadness on Antonio's face. It is raining, he will be a liar if he does not admit that he is crying. I can feel his pain. My father never loved me and it seems like his father adores both children. His speech touched my heart. Whatever he said was obvious. Now that I know I will be his wife it scares me to stay close to him. His words had a contrasting vengeance.

I have come to Chicago and from now on I will be staying with here for the rest of my life. This is like a one way ticket. Once I will walk into the world of Giordano then there will be not turning back.

After the last rites Antonio approaches near me then Angelo hands him the umbrella. My the walks away leaving us alone. Antonio is completely drenched by the rain. We are standing in the rain with an umbrella covering us Antonio hold my waist with his hand and pulls me close to him them he places a kiss on my cheek.

"This would be clear that we are having a thing. Nothing person I am doing this for my image." He whispers before pulling back. When he removes his hand from my waist I feel this part of my body cold—his hand is drenched.

"You'll fall sick if...you don't change your clothes." I startle with my low pitch voice.

"You don't need to be concern about me." He utters coldly and I ignore his gazes and glance at the other side.

My feet is pounding with pain I am not used to wear heels and it is more uncomfortable to stand with stilettos on lawn. I notice a girl, she was whimpering since we were at the church. Antonio does not has any sister. Who is she?

"I am skipping lunch. See you at the Leon Mansion."

"You would not join your family?" I examine his face.

He raises his brows then an atrocious smirk appears his lips, "I am not celebrating my father deaths. He used to love me. We will celebrate your father's death." He has a coarse voice which sends chills down my spine.

"Do mean Marco Ricci?"

He glances me with a cold look. His azure eyes is more alluring with this weather.

"Remember? I am sold to you now and that's makes me a kind of orphan. No parents. Just one sibling by my side." The words comes out like a sharp dagger which backstab me through the heart.

Taking my hand he handles me the umbrella and walks away without uttering another word.

It feels bad about how he left me alone. What else did I want? Him to contribute solace toward me. Aside I should be the one offering him sympathy his father is no more and mine is dreading my breath.

I amble where Angelo was standing under a shelter. Then I notice he was observing me and Antonio from a distance. He half smiles when I approach near him.

"Let's go to Leon Mansion." I say while looking the atmosphere around me, people are leaving and some are talking into small groups. They must be the Caporegime or under boss. There are many soldiers, this abundantly indicates how strong Chicago's Outfit is.

"You will be skipping lunch too?" My brother asks me while analysing my face.

"What do you mean by 'too'? I chuckle in confusion.

"Antonio just left. Now you want to leave. Seems like you're being adaptive to him."

I shot him a punch on his muscular arm, "stop it, Angelo." A smile arise on my lips and I feel my cheeks flush.

"Fine. I'll take you." He grins.

As soon as he steps beside me and takes hold of the umbrella a man appears on our path. His face is familiar to me. While trying to remember his name, Angelo greets him.

"Vlas, it's been a long time." Angelo gives him a hand shake.

"Arielle." He says in a Russian accent then reaches near my cheek and places a soft kiss on it. I take a step backwards and I notice how he smirks at my action.

"Hello, Vlas." I say blankly.

"Why don't you come to New York sometime." Angelo says.

"I will. Soon."

"Talk to you later mate." Angelo smiles at him then we advance to the car.

Vlas Macksacova is a Bratva he rules over San Francisco and is one of Angelo's best friend. I remember him having a sister, Serene. Once Angelo took me to San Francisco for a deal then I met Serene there. She is the one who took me to the night club otherwise my cruel father would have never let me have fun. Now that he is in Chicago maybe he is here for a purpose—Antonio Giordano.

Everything associated with Antonio Giordano will soon be my priority. I should be accessible for the imminent crisis.