Chapter 37

Arielle

I held my heart tight by not allowing the fear to grow over my body. When I think about Antonio back there, fighting his life at the core of death it gives me dread. God knows what he must be going through. Riccardo has not left me for a second since we arrived at the penthouse. He is trying to feed me but I am unable to eat a single spoon. If I want anything right now is for Antonio to be home. Once he will be here then my anxiety will be gone.

"Antonio's going to be safe." Ric mutters.

"I'm not going eat until he walks home."

The sound of the elevator startle me and I drag my attention toward the door and spot blood dripping over the floor. My heart pounds hard.

"Antonio." My voice has been dry from sobbing.

He sit on the couch with a loud growl of pain. "My shoulder." He whispers. His black suit is soaked with blood. Riccardo reaches for him to remove his suit while I hold his arm carefully. Antonio manages to lift his arm and get rid of the suit.

"What happened to your shoulder?" I ask hoping he has been stabbed with a knife.

"I've been shot." He groans.

"Damn, you need a hospital. This is way too deep." Ric declares as he tries to get an exact view where the bullet is.

Riccardo rushes upstairs and brings the first aid box. Opening the box he takes out a stile tissue forcep then digs it into Antonio's wound, he moans in pain. I am kneeling in front of him with his hand into mine. I shush him and he tightens his grip around my hand. Antonio grips my hand and I watch as his knuckles turn white. He sucks in his bottom lip and bits down to prevent himself from shouting.

"This is going to hurt,” Ric warns and takes a deep breath.

It takes a few minutes but he finds the bullet and grabs it pulling with all his strength. When the bullet hits the floor, he quickly presses a towel against the wound to stop any excessive bleeding that might come about. I look up at Antonio’s face and he seems fine, he’s not as pale as a man with blood loss should be. I avoid myself to gaze at the oozing blood.

"You shouldn't be here." Antonio meets my gazes.

"If you think I would've leave you suffering alone. I don't deserve to be your wife."

"Pass me cotton from the box." Ric says.

I immediately grab the box and handle Ric cotton. He wipes the wound and the entire cotton turns red. I'm not used to see blood but I'm not leaving Antonio alone. Being in the mafia sucks sometimes, we can't go the the hospital, otherwise they will involve police under critical situation.

"Arielle. Can you help to with stitching it?" Ric asks me. He is pressing the wound with the cotton to avoid excess bleeding. I nod my head and urge myself to get on my feet. I let go of Antonio's hand and stand near his shoulder.

Taking a fresh peice of cotton I wipe around the wound cleaning the blood around it to get a better view at the wound. I stick the needle through his skin, as Riccardo guides me and begin to stitch the wound. Antonio doesn’t even move, he must be used to stitches considering all the scars over his body. I cut the string and finish by placing a thin layer of ointment to help it heal.

A sudden daze of light headed pass through me and Riccardo gets hold of me. "Are you fine?" Ric demands as be leads me toward the couch.

"Its a sudden dizziness. I feel weak and groggy. I guess it's the blood."

Thankfully there is a towel to my right and in a split second vomit into the towel. The rusty smell of blood making the nauseous worse.