Chapter 53

ANGELO

Arielle asked me to stop this wedding and I feel useless for not being able to do anything. I don't have enough power to turn the Ricci's down. I'm glad that Antonio called for a war. This wedding would be off and Hazel will be free. Verona mansion looks different with the decorations. As a kid I always wanted to rule over this city but faith doesn't want me to become the next Capo. Father choose Luca and nothing would stop him from changing his mind. Selling over my sister to Mr. Giordano has me dread to murder Marco Ricci. Even though I know my sister loves Antonio yet father shouldn't have sold her.

Striding across the foyer I jump into Luca kissing a girl. What the fuck. It's his wedding day and he is up to fuck other girls. He noticed me then dismisses the brunette. His face has the usual cold expression. He looks like a devil in black tuxedo. He grins at me and my fist turns into a ball, I want to rip off his skin.

"Brother. What's up." He takes some steps near me and I watch him with cruel eyes.

"Don't call me that. You didn't earned the title of calling me your brother, dick." I take a step backward. I have my hands inside my pockets.

"I should admit you are the real hero. Just look at you, classy suit, shoes and a handsome face." His eyes wanders around me.

My jaw clench as I stand in front of him in silence. I hate talking to him. Glancing around the foyer I don't spot anyone. The room beside of me indicates grooms' chamber.

"I'll take everything you've ever owned." My teeth grits.

Within a blink I pull out the gun from my backbelt and cocks it near his head. With all my strength I grip his hand in my palm and tug him to the groom's chamber. He gasp and yells, "fuck! What are you doing?"

"I should have done this ages ago. How dare you to hook up with other girls when your wedding ceremony will begin under minutes. You're not a grown man, Luca. Being father's loyal dog will not make you a real man." I jerk him to the wall and pin him still. The gun is unlocked and loaded and I'm ready to shoot at any second.

"He never respected you." He spits making a disgusting smile.

I hit him hard with the gun. Swiftly I remove a knife from my pocket and slice his cheek. I hear him roar in pain and he collapses on the ground while holding his cheek. Blood sprinkles over my shirt.

“I don’t need a motherfucker as Hazel’s husband. You’ve never done something to own her.”

“Why so much concern regarding your brother’s fiancé.” He spits blood from his mouth and I step backward to admire his disgusting appearance.

The door swings open, Antonio and Rocco flashes inside. They stare at us for a second. “What are you doing?” Rocco paces beside me and grasp my knife in a swift. “What did this dick do to deserve your punishment?”

“Disrespecting Hazel.” I utter blankly as I arrange my bloodied suit and the Giordano brothers gawks at me then smirks.

“Good. You deserve the title of being New York’s Capo.” Antonio says with a beam. “I’m sure you’ll conquer what’s yours soon.” Antonio pats me in the shoulder. “Don’t let your motive end. Kill him.”

For the first time since ever, Arielle married Antonio I feel proud for their bond. Antonio is the perfect husband for my sister. Snatching the knife from Rocco’s hand I head near Luca and stare him into the eyes. "I always taught that having a brother was an honor. You made me consider it wrong, Luca. You were a monster."

He looks at me in rage and dread. I always wanted to see him witness his murder. "This one for not respecting Hazel." I murmur before stabbing him deep in the stomach. I feel the the force of piercing the knife into his flesh. A river of blood oozes from the huge wound I give him.

"Father will kill you..." he snaps then collapses on the floor with a loud roar. I bent on my knee while facing him. My suit is soaking with Luca's dirty blood.

"Tell me what is father's plan. I know he is plotting some arduous against Chicago." Trusting the knife more in his flesh I make him grunt.

"If you don't open your mouth I'll cut off your heart." I hear Antonio's voice from my back. He kneels beside me then take hold of my knife. "I got this." He mumbles.

"Dicks. Fuck off." He mutters in pain.

Antonio pierce the sharpie point near his heart and begin to slit his skin. Luca gazes us with fear. "Sera is not dead, Angelo. Hope you've got my message." Luca whispers.

Antonio glances at me and I nod. I know what he means. Under a blink Antonio chop off his entire heart. His blood flows around the room vigorously. "This is for playing with my cousin's heart."

The room smells like rusty metal. Antonio throws Luca's heart on his corpse. I've been on war before but never saw human heart ever. This thing looks altruistically delicious dark red.

Closing the room the three of us strides outside. Rocco calls Riccardo and informs him to cover up the murder by blaming it to Marco Ricci. Marco will obviously know who did this murder yet by framing it on him it sends peace to our respective hearts.

Antonio parts his way apart and Rocco tears to the veranda, meanwhile I amble to the bride's room to talk with Arielle. What Luca told me regarding Seraphia is shocking.

How is she alive when she died on that night with Arielle's car.

I knock two times then the door swings open, Bella opens the door and my eyes searches for Hazel who looks gorgeous in her bridal dress. I have ruin her dream but saved her future. Her eyes widen with fear as she gazes me.

"What are you doing here?" Arielle asks as soon as I enter the room.

"What the hell happened to you?" Hazel shouts then she throws her bouquet and rushes near me.

"Nothing happened." I mumble as I gaze down at her.

"Why there's blood all over your shirt?" She whimpers. Her palm cups my face. She glares into my eyes in order to search for answers.

"Luca is dead."