Chapter 24

Arielle

Riccardo opens my door and Antonio walks around offering me his arm. He’s quite the gentlemen when I’m not thinking of the heartless sociopath he is and how many people he’s murdered, for a moment I want to deny the actual truth that he is a mafia man. My heart is racing as we went the elevator. Riccardo is the only one of his bodyguards to go up with us, the rest are outside.

The elevator dings and we stop on the top floor—the twenty-second floor to be exact. My knees nearly give out as he leads me down the hall. We stop at the only suite with double oak wood doors—the honeymoon suite of course. Congratulations is written on it with bold gold letters. When we enter and Antonio turns on the lights the room is filled with red petals and on the table is a bottle of champagne along with two glasses. Out on the balcony I spot a jacuzzi and realize I don’t have a bathing suit...or do I? Bella had packed my weekend suitcase and whatever is inside is a mystery.

Riccardo drops both of our bags off in the room before shutting the door. Now I am all alone with the beast. Antonio takes off his tux coat so he is left in his white button up, he loosens his tie and rolls up his sleeves before walking over to the table to pour us both a glass of champagne.

"I don't want to drink." My voice comes out in a low pitch.

Antonio gives me an annoyed look and hands me the glass anyways. “For the nerves, you're bloating with anxieties."

“Wouldn’t you be too?” I take the glass from his hand.

Antonio shakes his head. “Relax, Arielle,” he pulls out the table chair for me to sit. He sits next to me and sips his drink while his eyes stare into mine and devour me alive. “There is a hot tub out on the balcony, would you like to go in?”

“I’m not sure I have a bathing suit.”

“Do you need one?” He cocks his eyebrow gazing me with his intimidating eyes.

“Yes,” my cheeks turn red.

“You are my wife now. You don’t need a bathing suit. You have nothing to hide from me,” he shakes his head.

“Then no I would not like to go in,” I gulp down the entirety of my champagne and then cross my arms.

“You’re stubborn,” he pursues his lips.

“I’m Italian,” I bite back

A grin forms on his lips. He inhales out his nose, a condescending huff of a laugh. “Go look through your suitcase, put something on and meet me on the balcony,” he uses his hands to shush me out of his presence as he sips the rest of the champagne in his glass.

I drag my suitcase into the spacious bathroom and unzip the bag. All I see are lingerie. Silk nightgowns, cupless bras, lace underwear...

I take out the lease offense thing—a black knee length nightgown and cross my arms around my stomach feeling self-conscious. I head out onto the balcony where Antonio is already waiting in the jacuzzi and has already poured us both our second glass—or maybe my second glass. How do I do this? My heart pulses rapidly as I advance near the jacuzzi.

I quickly step in, the faster I’m in the water the less time he has to stare at me in my little black piece. He waits until I am fully seated in the tub to hand me my glass. Both of his arms are stretch out hanging on the rim of the jacuzzi and he overlooks the balcony staring out into the starry night sky. It makes me wonder what he’s thinking about. I wish I could read his mind.

Antonio doesn’t say anything and it’s actually quite relaxing, the champagne, the hot water and the sounds of city traffic. I am quite astonished by Antonio patience I thought he would rip off the dress off me once we got inside here. I even thought he’d make a move in the jacuzzi but no, nothing. He seems to be relaxing just as much as I’m trying to. He shuts his eyes and takes a few deep breaths. I join him on doing the same thing to calm my poor heart.

I must’ve caught a wink because the next thing I feel is Antonio wrapping his arms around me and lifting me out of the hot tub.

“What’re you doing?” I murmur sleepily against his bare broad chest. All I can see is his giant tattoos.

“You fell asleep,” he leads me into the bathroom and set me down on the edge of the tub. “Let’s get you out of these wet clothes.” His fingers find the hem of the nightgown and he begins to pull up.

My sleepyhead vibes runs away “I can dress myself,” I scold him.

He knits his eyebrows together “Don’t do that again,” he orders.

I shallow hard and nod my head. He ignores me and continues to lift up the nightgown off me. He lifts the drenched gown off my body and immediately I covers my hands over my breasts. He runs his hand on my bare shoulder before pulling back. Antonio runs the bath water and fills it up with a bottle of bubble bath soap.

I begin to shiver as I watch him check the waters before scooping me up and placing me into the full bathtub. The warm water feels good against  my skin. I let out a soft moan and sink down until the water covers me from the neck down.

Antonio is naked and I get a view of his sculpted, perfect ass. He turns around and quickly stare the other way so I don’t catch glimpse of his groin. My body is moved forward as Antonio climbs in the tub behind me. My breathing picks up and bit my bottom lip.

Everything will be okay. I assure myself.

Antonio fits behind me like a puzzle piece, his legs are spread and he pushed me against his chest so I’m lying perfectly against him. I rest my hands on his thighs which I am admist of. His arms wrap under my breast to hold me close and to keep my head above water.

I stiffen when I feel his hardness pressed against my back, but I can’t move, his grip is possessive around me. I keep my eyes closed hoping that maybe he’ll take it as a sign that I just want to relax—or that I’m too tired.

I’m not one of those girls who can just give up my virginity to anyone. Sure, Antonio is my husband, but I don’t know him. I don’t love him and he certainly doesn’t love me either. Having sex with him will feel like a pressure not love.

He hugs me against his body once more and I listen to the steady rhythm of his heart. The silence between us, oddly enough, is soothing. It’s comforting that there seems to be no pressure to put out—at least not right now—that him and I can just lay here in the warm water, in each other’s arms, and relax.

We must’ve been in the bath for an hour, Antonio had to add warm water at least three times to keep it at it’s perfect temperature. He unplugged the drain and let the water disappear. I stayed in as the water slowly went down as he got up to grab two fluffy towels from the bench. He hands me a towel to dry off and then he uses his to dry his hair.

I keep my eyes high trying not to look at the thing that was pressed hard against me during our entire bath. To my utter relief he does the same as I run the towel over my arms and squeeze out excess water still absorbed in my hair. Antonio turns away from my nakedness and goes through my suitcase. He pulls out a silk light blue nightgown with thin straps and hands it me. As soon as I grab the material, he heads off to his own suitcase to grab a pair of boxers.

We return to the main part of suite and all I can do is stare at the bed, I've never shared a bed with anyone before and as much as I would be content with crawling in and falling asleep right away, I know Antonio has other plans. Antonio leaves my side to pour himself a glass of Jack Daniels he found in the mini bar. He downs it in one gulp and sets the glass on top of the counter.

Nervously I make my way to him, I stand in front of him. He’s so tall and the girly scent of the bubbles did nothing to hide his wonderful masculine musk. I slowly bring my palms to rest on his pecs and force myself to gather enough courage to get on my tippy-toes and press my lips against his.