Chapter 5

Arielle

Angelo drives miles away from our mansion. I glance at him several times, his face is serious and emotional and at this moment he looks distracted from everything. He is lifeless and I know the reason—me.

"Where are we going?" I ask and he pulls by the side of the road.

"Trying to figure out what to do with you. Should I hide you or give you to Giordano." He looks at me with sadness filled up in his eyes.

"Hiding from Antonio will not lead us anywhere. He is the notorious mafia and we look like a piece of shit ahead of him. Father freaks out with him. Now think about us—Antonio will kill us in a snap of his finger."

"I know he is powerful. Father has acquired twenty Made men, now New York will be strong." He says.

"Antonio Giordano." I chuckle then gaze at my brother.

His hand is on the steering wheel and head is resting back on the seat he is looking outside the window.

"I've known him for years and he is quite chivalrous toward women. He might be a little vicious but I don't think he will mistreat you." He does not look at me.

"Are you comforting me or..."

He half smiles while glancing at me, "I guess."

"At the conference Antonio said, he will announce our relationship as an arranged marriage, he said he doesn't want the world to know that I am sold to him."

"That's nice of him. I never thought he has such a good plan in mind." He mumbles.

"Well, however his manner and personality is...at least he is not ugly." A laugh escapes from my mouth.

Angelo grins, "you're right afterall your wedding was planned as an arranged one. So, let's take this situation as one."

"Yeah. It will be good." I try to convince myself in order to sleep peacefully, I don't want to have more nightmares after what happened days prior.

"Still, I am worried for you." There is an unusual expression on his face.

I tear my attention to him with bombshell eyes. "Angelo are you sure no one will remember the incident happened?" My heart takes vigorous beats against my chest.

"Shhh." He places a finger on my lips. "Its between us. It's going to stay under graves. Don't utter another word about that night."

I nod my head with a slight smile. I am still thrilled with the sudden changes happening to my life and I don't know how to deal with the problems.

Angelo's mobile phone vibrates through the phone holder he picks up. The phone is in loud speaker.

"Sir, your father wants you to know about the death of Nicolas Giordano. He needs you to be home with Ms. Arielle. You will all be leaving for Chicago soon."

"Ok." Angelo hangs up.

I gaze him with dread. This is outrageous, this was not supposed to happen.

"Don't be afraid Arielle. Act normal. We need to be strong." Angelo says then starts the engine and takes a u-turn then drives toward the mansion.

Taking my phone I google about the Giordanos. My eyes widens when I read the biography of their family. Nicolas was Antonio's father. The phone slips from my hand and falls down. I run my hand trough my hair. My hands are sweaty. This feels like walking to the gateway of hell.

I don't know how long I will keep my secret but someday it will be out. What will happen then? Besides I am about to marry the vicious mafia. He will now take over his father's place and become the Capo of Chicago Outfit.

Antonio will be the husband who will never love me he will have hatred for me and he will dominate me and takes everything he wants from me and I will have to give him everything so he won't murder me.

I feel dead. How do I escape this?