Chapter 4: Bye Seventh Heaven

The end of the month came faster than I wanted.

In no time at all, I had all my belongings in a backpack, waiting for Sophie to come out of the bar.

I was still somewhat salty with her. How could I not be? She basically sold the thing I live for now. Who knows how long she had that planned, and she only told me a month before we had to leave.

Sophie finally walked out of what used to be Seventh Heaven. She was carrying a cardboard box that she put in her car. After doing that, she locked the bar's doors for the last time, leaving the key on top of the doorframe.

"Let's go," she said. She knows how I feel about her at the current moment. While it does bother her, she's made no effort to make it better.

"I can walk," I said. "Tell Ryo I said hi. Give him my number, too. Maybe we can collaborate on a song."

She nodded, getting in her car and giving me a thumbs up.

And then she was driving away.

She turned a corner and was out of sight, leaving me all alone on the sidewalk in front of Seventh Heaven.

I looked back at the bar, taking in every detail. The sign that originally said Seventh Heaven now had a "FOR LEASE" sign draped over it, covering the western style sign. I could see through the windows. It was dark inside. It already looked lonely and abandoned without anyone in it.

Oh well.

Now I have nothing. Truly everything had been taken from me.

Maybe not everything . .  .

 Turning and walking away, I made my way to the closest park where my inspiration spot was. As soon as I sat on the bench, I felt at peace. Closing my eyes and letting out a breath, I relaxed and let the sun warm me. Maybe I can be homeless and live here. I mean it's a decent spot.

The peaceful and serene feeling I had just sitting was disturbed by a presence I felt next to me. I opened my eyes, looking to my right and seeing Keigo sitting there.

"Hey, Hawks," I said, looking back into the distant alleyway where I saw a fellow homeless person by a blazing light. "Is there a reason I am being graced by your presence today?"

He chuckled, leaning back on the bench. "Well, I saw that Seventh Heaven is officially closed, and was wondering if you gave my offer more thought."

Right, his offer.

If I'm being honest, I did give it more thought. I thought about it for a few days, wondering if staying with him really was the best choice I had right now. I had weighed the pros and cons of that.

Pro, I would have a roof over my head until I had enough money to move out.

Con, I would have to deal with Keigo's annoying ass until I had enough money to move out.

I debated my options heavily, and eventually decided . . .

"I decided to take it," I said. I looked back in his direction, seeing a smile cross his face. "I would've told you sooner, the only problem was that I don't have your number."

"Of all the times I flirted with you drunk you didn't get it?" he asked, giving me a questioning look.

I shook my head. "You tried, but instead wrote shapes instead of numbers," I said, laughing at the memories of a drunk Keigo handing me random things that supposedly had his number on it. "Not much I can do with that."

He laughed too. Surprisingly, it's a sound I don't mind hearing anymore. I used to think it was annoying for some reason, but now . . . I don't know.

"So where do you live, exactly?" I asked.