Chapter 21: Love Like You

The color of her hair was almost the exact shade of Keigo's. It was shoulder length and the front pieces were pulled behind her head in an updo. Her eyes were striking, brighter than any shade of blue I've ever seen, and crystal clear.

She was really pretty.

Like, really pretty.

"Y/n, this is my girlfriend, Hezā Nakoudo," Keigo said.

Hear that?

Yeah. That's the sound of my heart shattering into trillions of tiny pieces never to be put back together again.

I'm too late.

Why did I wait so long.

Oh my god.

Now I'm gonna die alone.

Why why why.

WHY?

This song was meant to be a confession.

And now his girlfriend is here.

Oh my god, what do I do. I can't confess to him while she's here! It'll throw everything off balance.

"Hi," I said, hiding the shatterdness I felt inside. This isn't going to be a fun night. "I'm Y/n L/n, it's nice to see Keigo found someone that actually likes him."

That's where I went wrong.

All the teasing and joking around with him about finding someone to love.

Ugh, I'm so fucking stupid. Why would I do that to the person I like?

I desperately want to jump out a window.

If I'm being honest, I don't think it'll be that hard. I mean, this entire living room and kitchen space is basically windows instead of walls.

So I did, I ran towards a window and smashed it, jumping out and falling to the pavement.

"Hey, Y/n, are you alright?" Keigo asked, bringing me back to reality.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I said, hoping he didn't see the internal panic I was having. "Nakoudo's just really pretty. Good job, Keigo."

Please kill me.

"Thank you, but please, just call me Hezā. I don't mind." Hezā smiled warmly and I swear I had a gay panic.

She's so fucking gorgeous!

How is someone this pretty?

Now I never stand a chance with Keigo after seeing her beauty. She's a fucking GODDESS compared to me.

This whole thing is gonna be harder than I expected.

"Keigo told me you were gonna be playing a song?" Hezā questioned. "I'd like to hear it, if that's alright with you."

"Yeah, of course," I said, setting up the keyboard and stool. "So this is a song I wrote as a confession."

OH MY GOD WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT. Y/N YOU'RE SO FUCKING STUPID SOMETIMES.

Great now Keigo's gonna ask who the person I like is.

Crap crap crap crap.

Why do I do these things to myself? For what reason am I like this?

"Ooooooh, Y/n has a crush," Keigo said in a teasing tone.

"Says the one with a girlfriend," I responded.

"So who is it?"

"None of your damn business," I said. "I don't need to tell you anything."

"Could it possibly be me?"