Chapter 5: Damn News Reporters

Walking into Keigo's penthouse suddenly made me feel like a tiny speck of dust.

In other words, it's fucking gigantic.

Windows are everywhere. I'm gonna get burnt to a crisp here.  Not only is there literally no walls, but there's a giant skylight in the middle of the roof—I assume that's there so Keigo can make an entrance from the sky.

It's unusually warm in here. But it's the good warm. I know it's from the sun because, well, that's really the only thing providing light here.

Speaking of light, it's also really bright in here. I'm gonna have to get sunglasses to live here.

"And this is your new home," Keigo said, stepping in front of me and spreading his arms. "What do you think?"

"It's really bright," I said. "But it's nice."

"Is it everything you expected?"

I looked around, letting my eyes adjust to the brightness of the room. It's really clean, minus a few dishes in the sink.

"It's cleaner than I thought it was gonna be," I admitted. "Although I'm not sure what kind of mess I thought was gonna be here."

"Wow, such high hopes for me," he responded sarcastically, rolling his eyes. He looked at a nearby clock, checking the time. "I have to go on patrol. Just relax and do whatever. I'll be back soon, alright?"

I nodded. "Alright."

He expanded his wings and flew out of the penthouse, using the skylight as his exit. When I was alone, I didn't move. I felt very out of place. This penthouse is more suited for a royal ball, not a girl in a t-shirt and jeans.

When I finally felt a little bit more comfortable, I took off my backpack and walked towards the couch and plopped myself down on it, placing the bag by my feet. I looked around, taking in my surroundings.

Very sleek and expensive looking furniture decorated the space. That's all I really noticed—how nice and put together everything looked. Definitely not what I expected from Hawks.

Resting my head on the arm of the couch, I closed my eyes and let out an exhale.

And then I was asleep.

~~

When I woke up, I was wrapped in a fluffy blanket and Keigo was hovering over me.

"Dude, what the fuck are you doing?" I asked, my voice coming out quieter than I expected. "This is creepy, man."

The sound of my voice surprised him, making him flinch. "Sorry," he said. "I just finished getting the room you'll be staying in ready and decided to move you in there."

I nodded, sitting up and rubbing sleep out of my eyes. "Your couch is comfortable," I said, kicking the blanket off. "I just kinda want to live here. Also, where'd you get this blanket from, I need to put it back."

"I got it from your room," he said, grabbing my wrist and pulling me up. "Follow me."

Not even letting the process that I'm awake, he started walking. I followed him with the blanket into a hallway I didn't notice when I came in. Taking a turn at the end, he opened a door and led me inside.

It was a pretty simple room. A bed, a dresser, a desk and a bathroom. It had the same color scheme as the rest of the penthouse—white and beige with red and yellow accents. Basically the scheme of his hero costume. There weren't as many windows, just half a wall across from the door and above the bed.