Chapter 7: A Normal Day

"Writing a tune to songs is a lot harder than I remember," I said. I was walking in the park with Keigo. If I'm being honest, this is doing nothing to disprove we're dating. However, I'm not just going to stop hanging out with him because of it.

"How so?" he asked as we stopped at my Inspiration Spot.

I sat next to him. "Well I have to come up with a melody for the entirety of the song, I need to figure out what beats to sing on, I need to figure out dynamics, the list goes on."

"I see. Try . . . pressing random keys?"

"Already tried that." I let out an exhale, leaning back and running my hands through my hair. "I think I just lost the spark I had before while I was with-"

I cut myself off, stopping myself from saying Dabi's name.

He is, after all, a wanted villain and this is a pro-hero I'm talking to.

"While you were with who?" Keigo asked, intrigued by my brief mention of the ex I almost never talk about.

I shook my head, waving my hand. "Nothing. I just don't have the same . . . pizzazz I used to have, I guess."

Keigo laughed. "Pizzazz? Really?"

"Listen," I started, jokingly pointing a finger at him. "Words are a very hard thing to master and I only know so many. What I mean is I don't have the same—"I waved my arms around randomly, making it clear that he probably knew what I meant"—as I used to, you know?"

"I do not know what—"Keigo waved his arms around randomly as well, trying to copy what I did exactly"—means, but sure."

I rolled my eyes, letting out a chuckle and lightly shoving him. "You suck sometimes, you know that?" I asked.

"I know, aren't I terrible?"

For some reason, that made me laugh harder. I doubled over, leaning forward and wrapping my arms around myself while I continued cackling, letting out a few embarrassing snorts that I tried covering up. Keigo kept making random comments, making me laugh harder. By the time I decided to put a stop to his mouth, I could barely breathe.

"Sh-Shut the f-f-fuck up," I said, trying to catch my breath. That was kinda hard to do, seeing as I was still laughing. I put a hand over his mouth to muffle his remarks. "I sw-wear to god if you- if you don't shut up right now, I will . . . do something. I don't know what yet."

"It's not very threatening if you don't know what you're going to do," he responded, his voice making my hand feel tingly.

"Shhhhhshshsh. Shut up," I said. My giggles weren't as bad as they were a few moments ago, but it was still somewhat difficult to catch my breath. "Just be quiet for a few minutes."

He, surprisingly, complied. He shut his mouth and was silent for a few seconds.

And then I felt something wet on my hand.

I quickly pulled it away from his mouth in disgust, wiping it on his arm.

"Did you just lick me?!" I exclaimed. "Dude, that's disgusting!"

It was his turn to laugh uncontrollably.

And so here we were. Two idiots laughing for literally no reason. Some people passing by gave us these looks that said we were crazy and not mentally stable. A few others would just pass by and smile, probably because they watched the news and think we're dating. I assume these smiles meant something along the lines of, "They're adorable together."

I, personally, don't think we would be a good couple. Just my personal opinion.

After calming down, we sat together in a comfortable silence for a few minutes. For once, this bird decided to shut up. And it's not at a time I need him to be quiet.