Chapter 28: Mistakes Were Made

This is the best date I've ever been on—even if it was with two other people.

Ribaundo is so nice, and funny, and just an amazing human being.

Actually, the date went so well I was almost sad when it ended.

"How would you feel about another date?" Ribaundo asked, pulling me aside to talk. "Let's say, next Saturday?"

Ianpdnaotisp.

He's wants to go on another date. A hot guy, interested in another date with me, a not hot lady.

This is a dream come true.

"I would love that," I responded, a bright smile crossing my features. "Where and what time?"

"Those are details I haven't figured out quite yet," he chuckled. He pulled his phone out of his pocket, unlocking it and handing it to me. "I'll give you the details over text. Unless I want it to be a surprise."

My smile widened as I input the series of numbers  and named my contact, handing it back to him. "I'll see you then."

I was about to walk away, only to be stopped by the ghost of a touch on my hand. Ribaundo grabbed it, seeing that he had grabbed my attention, and lifted it to his mouth, gently pressing his lips to my knuckles.

Let me tell you, I almost fucking exploded right then and there.

This is literally the most romantic thing anyone's ever done for me, oh my god.

"See you Saturday." He winked and started walking in the other direction.

I'm smiling uncontrollably, watching as he walks away.

What the hell.

Listen, I know I said earlier this week Keigo was an ass, but this morning I woke up still head over heels for him. And then this new green-eyes cutie comes into the picture and basically burns it to a crisp.

I know emotions don't change that fast so what the fuck is going on here?

I turned around when Ribaundo turned the corner. I was met with Keigo giving Hezā a quick kiss goodbye before walking to me. He seemed slightly agitated, almost like he was about to blow a fuse.

"Let's go," he snapped, grabbing me by the wrist and pulling me flush against him.

Hello people that now look like ants. It will never be nice to see you. Ever.

"Keigo, what the hell!" I screamed. He was flying, and he's flying much faster than usual. I had to yell louder than the last few times for him to hear my voice over the rushing wind. "You should've given me a warning."

"Sorry."

I could tell it was insincere.

But I didn't say anything. I stayed silent the rest of the flight, not wanting to tick him off even more while we're over a hundred feet in the air.

When he had put me down in the apartment is when I started talking.

"What the hell was that, Keigo? You cant just do that."

"I said sorry, alright!" he retaliated a little too loudly.

I scoffed at his tone. "What the fuck is your problem? Why are you so snappy? You were so happy to be going on this date before we got there."

"I don't know." Keigo threw his hands up, slouching on the couch and running a hand over his face. "I just don't know. I saw something, and it made me . . . annoyed, I guess."

"What do you mean annoyed?"

"Just, you smiling, I guess."

My eyes widened and my mouth fell open in shock.

He's annoyed because I was smiling?

What the hell kind of a reason is that?

"I'm sorry?" I don't want that to be what he said. "You're annoyed because I was happy?"

"Yes!" Keigo stood up, taking long strides until he was in front of me. He placed his hands on my shoulders, seeming like he was staring into my soul. "That's supposed to be my job. Not Ribaundo's."

"That's what this is about?" I asked in disbelief. "You're jealous because you've decided to be a dick for the last month and give me cold glares when you think I'm not looking." A look of shock crossed his face. "Don't think I haven't noticed. You're not very good at hiding it, Hawks."

He visually cringed at the sound of his hero name leaving my lips. He had gotten so accustomed to hearing his real name from me, it probably feels wrong to hear me call him his professional name.

"Don't call me that."

"Make me."

Mistake number one.

Before I even knew what the fuck was happening, Keigo moved forward and roughly placed his lips on mine.

Too many fucking emotions.

First, there's the wave of panic because he has an amazing ass girlfriend and he's just throwing that away.

But then there's happiness? I mean, of course I'm happy that the guy I'm literally in love with is kissing me.

And then the panic comes back, this time laced with fear. I don't know how Hezā would react if she found out about this.

And here's comes mistake number two.

I returned the kiss.

I'm a fucking idiot. A complete moron. Absolutely stupid. Any other insults I can throw at myself.

Firstly, I'm kissing number two.

Secondly, I'm kissing number two and he has a girlfriend.

But I can't stop.

I know in my mind and heart and literally every fiber of my being that this is absolutely wrong, but I can't bring myself to pull away.

The kiss is just so intoxicating, and all I want is more.

Mistake number three, letting his hands hike up my skirt.

Fuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuckfuck.

FUCKITY FUCK.

He pulled away for a brief second to say, "Jump," before starting to kiss down my neck.

And here is the final emotion I decided to settle on.

Lust.

I did as he said, jumping up and wrapping my legs around his torso as his hands trailed further up my dress.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is my fourth mistake.

Letting him take me to my bed.

Oh my god.

~~

*slurps tea*

So how's life goin for y'all?