Chapter 10: Too Much Trouble for a Car

It had been a little over a month since I released Burnt Out, and it reached the top of the charts fast. In just two weeks, my song had reached number fifteen on the top forty songs.

I felt accomplished for the first time in . . . ever, actually.

Something about people actually liking the way my voice sounded and the story my song told felt nice.

It was definitely a change in what normally happens every day.

"Y/n, I'm so happy for you!"

Yup. My accomplishment lead to constant congratulations from Keigo every day when he got back from work. And when I wasn't home before he was, he would pick me up the second I closed the door behind me.

Today was one of the days he came back before me.

"Keigo, you say that every day," I said, chuckling. He was spinning around and it was making me a little bit dizzy. "Whoa, can you put me down no- AH!"

I yelped upon coming in contact with the cold leather couch. Keigo was laying on top of me, his head on my stomach as he kept his arms wrapped around me. My legs were spread, making room for his torso between them.

Keigo snuggled his head further into my stomach for literally no reason.

"What are you doing and for what reason?" I asked, trying to shake him off. It was a fruitless effort, though, seeing as he just hugged me tighter. My face slightly heated up, though I wasn't sure if it was the fact that Keigo is very warm an laying on top of me, or the fact that Keigo is laying on top of me.

"Because you don't like when I spin you around, so this is a different option," he responded, lifting his head so I could see his face.

"Keigo, it's been over a month since I released my song, I think you congratulating me once is enough." I tried wiggling myself out of his grasp again, an effort that didn't work. "And why is this your other option? Do you know how suggestive this looks to everyone?"

"I am very aware of how suggestive it looks, which is exactly why I'm doing it. To make you flustered." A cocky smirk crossed his face, making me feel a little bit warmer.

Listen, Keigo Takami is a smoking hot man, and seeing him smirk like that definitely makes me blush.

"Well, can you get off now?" I asked, playfully smacking the top of his head. "I actually have something else I need to do today."

"Where do you need to go? Can I come? 'Cause I'll take you there."

Keigo seemed a little too eager to join me. I thought about it for a minute or so, not sure how to respond to him.

The errand I'm wanting to run is grabbing my instruments and maybe some other stuff from the LOV hideout since most of my stuff is still there. I contacted Toga a few weeks ago about it, and she said I could come by whenever and she would have my stuff ready. After that I asked Sophie if she had dropped her car off at her brother's place, and she said yes and that it's now mine to use.

Actually, thinking about it now, Sophie's brother lives a little ways away. If I'm wanting to walk there—which I probably will—I'll be pretty lonely and cold, both inside and out.

Plus it has been a while since Keigo and I walked together . . .

"Sure, you can come," I said. I had given up trying to escape his grasp at this point, getting used to the warmth he radiated. "I just need to go to Sophie's brother's house to pick up her car, then I'm going to my ex's place to pick everything I own up."