Chapter 27: Double Date

I'm still salty as fuck with Keigo.

It's been about a month or so since our argument about my life before we met. I mean, why the hell does he even care? It's not like he was involved in any way.

Anyways, yeah, we're salty.

And Keigo, for some reason, thinks the best way to resolve that saltiness is to take me on a blind double date with him, Hezā, myself and someone else.

"You want me to go on this date why?" I asked when he had brought the idea up.

"Hezā found someone she thinks you'd really like and wants to introduce you," he explained.

Yes, while I currently think Keigo is an ass, I have become great friends with his girlfriend. She is such an angel and literally the most amazing thing I've ever met.

She makes bomb ass cookies and sweets. I literally want to convince her to quit her couples counselor job and get a bakery.

And her food is so aesthetically pleasing. Like it's so perfect, and beautiful, and amazing and just beautiful.

Anyways, enough of my rant.

"Do you know who my blind date is?" I asked. I seriously don't want to socialize with anyone. I just want to sleep, and do nothing.

Actually, now that I think about it, I need a job. I mean, it's not like I do anything productive all day anyways. Maybe I'll do something from home where I don't have to go out in public.

"I met him briefly the other day, and think you'd like him," Keigo responded. He hopped over the couch, landing next to me on the seat. "Y/n, I think it'd be good for you to get out and find someone. I mean, you did say the guy you like is already in a relationship."

How fucking oblivious can you be?

Is it even possible to be that oblivious.

I've given literally so many hints that I like him and just UGH.

Jesus. Get some brain cells. I mean, I need some too but you're oblivious as fuck.

I actually thought about it for a minute. Maybe just another person to distract me from a crappy life is exactly what I need. Someone that doesn't know every single detail of my time on this planet.

"If I agree to go," I started, trying to think of something I could bargain with him, "Hezā makes me brownies."

"Done." Keigo went to stand up, before sitting back down. "Can we just talk about her baking skills for a second?"

"Yes." I quickly sat up from laying down and crossed my legs to face him. "Her baking is so pretty and perfect."

"It's so good, too," he added.

And that's what we did the whole afternoon. We talked about Hezā's amazing baking skills.

~~

So it's Saturday.

And because Keigo's bougie ass has money galore, he wants to go to a fancy ass restaurant that suits his fancy ass taste.

Meaning I have to dress nice.

So now I'm literally trying to decide what to wear since what I own is jeans and t-shirts, and a sparkly silver dress I wore to a wedding.

There is no in between.

Thank god Hezā exists. She brought a knee-length floral patterned dress for me to wear. Not too nice, but church quality.

Actually, the fabric is really nice. It's like soft and stretchy and the dress has pockets—