Chapter 16: What Do You Want?

I answered my phone without looking at the caller ID.

"Fuck you, Mateo!"

I regret my decisions.

I deeply regret picking up the phone.

"Whatever. Hey, little sis!"

"What the fuck do you want, Mazushī?" I said.

"Jesus, you don't have to sound so mean," she responded. "Anyways, I was wondering if you could do a favor for me."

"Why the hell would I do anything for you?" I asked, laying on my side and putting the call on speaker. "Did you forget what happened in high school? And literally every other time in our lives."

Basically, in high school I had told Mazushī I liked this guy that was a bit older than me because, let's face it, he checked all the boxes. He was nice, he was funny, he cooked, literally everything. 

Here's the thing, she was in the same grade as him when  I told her. So she's like fifteen or something while I'm ten and I told her about this crush I had. Turns out, the guy loved my sister because she had/has big titties and a big ass and is fucking beautiful. So when Mazushī started talking to him, things escalated and whoops. She's pregnant.

So yeah, she's got a kid named Yuri that's fifteen and not getting pregnant. Good for her.

"That was in the past," she said. "Anyways, I just wanted to check up on you. I've seen a few stories here and there about your supposed relationship with Hawks and was wondering if one day I could meet him in person?" she asked, putting on a fake nice voice. Kinda like a pick me girl.

I feel like she's batting her eyelashes even though I can't see her.

"Bitch, no," I replied sharply. "We're not dating, and even if we were I would never take him anywhere near you. You would just try to seduce him and make him leave me or some shit like that. Now what's the actual reason you called me?"

She sighed, returning to her normal voice. "Fine, you caught me. Yuri's birthday is coming up, remember? Well, she has a volleyball tournament that same day and wants nothing but for you to be there. So would you go and maybe spend the whole weekend with her?"

I thought about it for a minute or two. On one hand, I get to see one of my best friends and my favorite niece, but i'm the other hand I would have to see my sister.

Hmm. Niece, sister. Niece, sister. Niece, sister.

I pick niece. Because Yuri's great.

"Sure," I responded. "Just send me the information about her game and I'll be there. And make sure she has a bag with clothes and stuff. I'll handle everything else just make sure she has that."

"Will do," Mazushī said brighter than she needed to. "Oh, and don't be scared of bringing Hawks. Him and I can have a talk about whether or not he's right for you."

"No."

I hung up, not even waiting for her response.

So now not only do I have to plan a weekend of shit to dow tho my niece, but I also have to tell Keigo about it, get Yuri her birthday present from me, and get my room ready for both of us to stay in.

So much fucking stuff to do.

Speaking of Keigo, I wonder what he's doing right now.

Of course, my lazy ass isn't gonna get up to check so I can only wonder.

But again, my thoughts about Keigo only bright more confusing emotions. More memories of literally nothing, small details I've recently noticed about him, stuff like that.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I like him.

I don't want to, though. There's no way he'd ever like me. He's number two, why would he like me when he can get literally anyone he wants with a single glance and smile in their direction.

Hell, he'd probably get a whole flock of fangirls around him if he was just walking around.

Oh well.

But on the plus side of feelings, it gives me inspiration for songs?

Maybe I'll sing it to him as a confession when I'm ready.

Hawks POV

I walked out of Y/n's room, closing the door behind me and leaning against the wall next to it.

"I have to tell her eventually," I mumbled to myself with a sigh. "I can't just keep leading her on like this. It's cruel."

My phone started ringing, pulling me out of the sadder state I was in. I pulled it out of my pocket, glancing at the caller ID before answering and putting it up to my ear.

"Hey," I said, walking away from Y/n's door. "You still up for dinner tonight?"

~~

I'm so cruel sometimes

Also, two chapters in one day??? Wow I'm productive for once