Chapter 13: Such Great Friends

"Are you okay?" Sophie asked from the other side of the phone.

"What the hell was that?" I heard another voice ask—presumably Ryo.

"Sorry," I said, flopping face down on my bed. "Some weird shit just happened between me and Kei- Hawks."

"Ooooh, what happened?" Sophie asked.

"We almost kissed," I mumbled, hoping she wouldn't hear me.

Incoherent screams and squeals could be heard from Sophie—noises so loud it almost burst my ear drum.

"Are you okay, babe?" the same voice from a few seconds before asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Sophie responded to the voice. "Tell me everything, Y/n."

"Oh my god, I sort of regret telling you that," I said. "So, we almost kissed. I don't really know what else to say."

"Ugh, Y/n—"

"So why'd you call me?" I asked. I did not want to go into detail about that whole ordeal that happened between me and Keigo. Nope, no way.

"Ryo wanted to collab on a song," Sophie said. "He said he tried calling you, but you didn't answer."

"Yeah . . . about that," I said, scrolling through my missed calls. "He spammed my phone while I was at my ex's, and then five minutes ago while I was with Hawks, so I just kinda blocked him. Sorry."

Sophie sighed, saying something to Ryo I couldn't hear. "Whatever," I heard her say. "Anyways, yeah, that's all I really needed. But since you mentioned a kiss with Hawks earlier, I'm gonna need you to tell me everything."

"What else is there to say?" I asked, turning so I was laying on my back. "I already told you we almost kissed. I don't understand what else you want to know."

"How did it happen? What were y'all doing?"

"It just happened? We were talking and about to kiss?" I responded in a questioning tone. "Sophie, I really don't know what you expect me to say."

"Like, what were you feeling. The tea like that."

"I felt . . . interesting?"

"Elaborate. I can't take interesting and make a fanfiction out of that."

"A what?"

"Nothing!" she quickly exclaimed. "So were you happy, upset, flustered, confused? What was he feeling?"

"I mean, obviously I was flustered," I answered. Oh well. I know I'm not getting out of this interrogation anytime soon, and if I hang up she'd just call Keigo and I definitely don't want that. "I was sort of confused, too. Because, like, why would he take an interest in me? He keeps flirting with me but then tells me after he's just teasing me. Then he pulls shit like that, and Im just so fucking confused."

"Darling, bestie, friend, child," Sophie said, listing off almost everything she's ever called me. "He's totally into you! There is no doubt about that. Why else would he go out of his way to tease you, huh?"

"I don't know," I said, letting out an exasperated sigh and sitting up. "Maybe he's just testing pick-up lines and stuff on me."

"Noooooooo, he most definitely likes you." I could practically hear the smile on Sophie's face. "You're just too dense to realize it."

"And Im going to run away from your lies by hanging up," I said, not waiting for her response to hang up. I let out a deep breath, flipping back down on my back.

I thought about what Keigo had asked me earlier, about me ever finding love again.

Of course, I don't doubt I will. I mean, someone out there has to actually like me, right? 

I guess my future love is just someone I don't know yet.

Hey, a new song idea.

~~

This chapter is very short. It's mainly because I had no clue what to do with this. The last few chapters have really been fillers and myself trying to figure out what the hell to put there, so sorry if they're kinda trash.

Peace

-CrazyChaoticIzzy