Chapter 19: Yuri's Birthday Part 3

F/s=favorite show

~~

It was Sunday morning when I woke up to pots and pans clanging together.

Oh, and screaming.

How could I forget that?

"Literally what the hell are you doing?" I asked, my voice sounding hoarse and dry.

"Waking you up!" Keigo yelled over the sound of metal. "This was Yuri's idea, by the way."

"Bitch, no it wasn't!" I heard Yuri say. Suddenly, the metal noises stopped for a second.

Then it came back sounding very hollow.

"What was that for!"

"'Cause you placed the blame on me!"

"Alright!" I yelled, sitting up in bed. "Jesus, you're both pretty. Now get out of my room and let me sleep."

I yawned, waving them off with my hand.

"Shoo. Be gone. Go bond or whatever," I said, flopping back down to sleep.

"Well, my mom's coming to pick me up in a few hours," Yuri said. "I don't really want to go back home."

I heard my door shut, followed by more faint clanging of the pans.

"Did Keigo leave?" I asked, yawning again. I decided to open my eyes again, instantly regretting it again because a sliver of light was shining right on my face.

"Nope."

"Okay then. Hey, Yuri, wanna write a song?"

I could just barely see her face light up. I felt the bed dip next to me, telling me she had sat down.

"Yes! I have a few ideas for the one I told you about on Friday," she said.

"Awesome. Now Keigo, leave us to our musical interests," I said, waving my arms around. This time I witnessed him leave my room, closing the door behind him. Not even a minute later I saw vermilion feathers pass my window, telling me he had left.

"Well he's not coming back for a while," I said. "Let's get started. Tell me your ideas."

Yuri fixed where she was sitting on the bed as I got out from under the covers. A few minutes had passed and we weren't even talking about music anymore. I had somehow ended up braiding her long, blonde hair while she told me about this guitarist she met.

"He was literally so fine," she said. "Like three of my friends agree and now they wanna go Hunger Games on my ass to see who wins his heart."

"And what if he has a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Shelby said we kill the girlfriend."

I laughed, momentarily stopping what I was doing to compose myself. "And if he's gay?"

"I guess Jaden wins."

"Asexual?"

"We're all screwed."

I practically died as I tried tying the braid off. That obviously wasn't working, though, so Yuri ended up stealing the hair tie to tie it off herself.

Even after that I was laughing uncontrollably. After about ten minutes, I finally stopped laughing and sat straight, my sides hurting.

"Wow, she didn't die," Yuri said sarcastically.

"Shut up," I said. I looked at the time. 12:30. "Your mom's gonna be here in about an hour," I said. "Keigo should be coming back any minute now, and with him here we're not gonna get anything music related done."

We sat in silence for a few minutes before Yuri spoke again.

"Wanna watch f/s?"

"Fuck yeah."

So we moved to the living room and did that. Keigo eventually joined us, making unneeded comments as we watched.

The hour went by way too fucking fast and now Mazushī's knocking on the door.

She came in unannounced, flopping down on the couch unnecessarily close to Keigo.

Like, really close.

"So, Y/n," she started. "How's life been? I mean, obviously you broke up with that villain—what was his name again? Dave? Something like that."

My eyes widened and I internally went into panic mode. How the fuck does she know? I never told her anything about that.

Then again, she's also basically a stalker and somehow knows all the gossip on everyone.

But still! I made extra sure no one that I didn't want to know would find out. How the hell does she know?!

"I mean, life must be going good since you got the attention of Number 2," she said, leaning into Keigo and tweaking his feathers a bit. I could see that he was uncomfortable.

Wait...

Is that blush I see?

Oooh I'll decide what I want to do with that information later.

I noticed Mazushī's hand slowly trailing down his chest, stopping just above his pants and toying with the waistline.

It took everything in me to not explode and expose myself right there.

"Tell me, Hawks," Mazushī continued in a flirty tone, "is my sister good in bed? Because if you think she's great, I bet I'm a thousand times better."

She had whispered the last part in his ear—very loudly, might I add. I could see Yuri tensing up next to me. I know she's used to her mom doing shit like this in front of her, but it must still be uncomfortable.

"Wanna test my theory?" Mazushī said, tugging at his pants.

Keigo visibly gulped. "I'd rather not cheat on my girlfriend," he said, pushing her away and moving to the couch Yuri and I were sitting on.

"Oh, so you're a good, loyal boy," she said, smirking. "Don't worry. I'll manage to get you to do what I want."

Mazushī winked, slowly and seductively licking her teeth.

"I think it's time to go," Yuri said, quickly standing up and leaving the living room. She emerged from my room with her bag, pulling on her mom's arm and leaving.

Once the door was shut, Keigo and I were left in an awkward silence, still thinking about what Mazushī said.

Nope, don't wanna deal with that right now.

So as to not deal with it, I stood up and swiftly walked to my room, telling Keigo I'd see him at dinner.

~~

This chapter also sucks, but I don't wanna go back and change anything.

I'm sorry life just sucks man.