Chapter 35: It's Actually Happening

It's the day.

Ohmygodohmygodohmygod.

Keigo and I are getting married.

I can't believe this is actually happening.

Yeah, I can't believe it so much that I'm currently dying upstairs while my bridesmaids try to do something about it.

"N/n, there's nothing to be nervous about," Toga—who at the moment was undercover and going by the name Mei Fetch—said. "You've liked him for who knows how long, and he's reciprocated those feelings."

"I've told you before he's had them since you had that televised panic attack," Hezā added.

"Maybe even before that," Sophie interjected. "When we worked at Seventh Heaven his breath would hitch sometimes when he looked at you. He like, breathed different or something."

"He liked you enough to go to your niece's volleyball game when you weren't dating," Yuri pointed out.

Those statements made me die even more. It made me realize that he had always liked me to some extent, but I was too dense to see it.

"Guys I think we killed her," Toga said. The other girls hummed in agreement, leaving me and her alone while they did final touches on their outfits.

Toga sat on the floor next to me, noticing that her hand was sort of melting and taking a drink of her "fruit punch."

"This marriage will be wonderful and produce beautiful results," she said, licking her lips to get rid of any blood. "Not just beautiful children."

I chortled, lifting my head from my knees to look at her. She was smiling, clearly glad that she got me to smile.

"Plus, you still have a chance to run away if you really want to."

I should've expected that. I sort of did, but it still took me by surprise.

I shook my head, standing up and helping Toga do the same.

"Thank you, Mei," I said. "I feel better now."

"Good, because we're gonna have to start going."

I stood up, noticing that the girls were lined up and waiting for their cue to walk out. Toga and I joined them at the end of the line, waiting until we were told we could come out.

Now, waiting just out of sight from the venue, I'm getting more excited. I can feel my lips turning up into a smile I can't hide. Toga keeps sending me happy glances, glad to see me gradually get more eager to walk down the aisle with her.

Since neither of my parents are alive, I asked Toga to be both my maid of honor and the one that gives me away. She happily obliged, practically bouncing off the walls when I asked.

"Here comes," she said in a sing-song voice, taking my hand and beginning to walk with me.

ahhhhhhhHHhJHODNQOFNQPF.

I'm literally so excited right now. How do I express this?

I was looking down when I initially entered the aisle, making sure I didn't trip over the small step. Then I looked up, and I was immediately overwhelmed with joy.

The outdoor venue we picked was even more beautiful than when we first saw it, being decorated with small flowers in light colors. Everyone was staring at me, making me a million times more nervous than I already was. The last thing I saw was Keigo at the alter.

He stood, looking handsome as ever, with his mouth slightly agape. I could see the tips of his ears turn pink, his eyes never leaving me as Toga and I made our way down the aisle.

And just like that, I was standing in front of the priest.

I wasn't paying much attention to what he was saying—hell, I barely paid attention when we said our vows to each other. I was too absorbed by my own thoughts of a happy life with Keigo.

It was when Keigo slipped the ring onto my finger that everything finally seemed to settle in. The cold wedding band felt amazing on my hand, reminding me that Keigo was now mine forever.

When we kissed it felt like nothing in the world could disturb us. It was just us. No audience of whooping friends and family, no priest being glad he did his job right, just the two of us in our own little world.

We pulled away and faced everyone that had gathered. My family sat on one side of the aisle while Keigo's mother sat on the other side. He always told me he had a complicated relationship with his parents, but never really went into more detail than that (you guys, I'm sorry but I literally had to go to Wikipedia to find his family dynamic and that was still confusing as hell so this is what you get).

Others had come, too. We had invited Isabel since she's one of the first ones that figured out our relationship and interviewed us about it without letting any big information slide. Plus, she's a journalist now, so having her here would be a plus for press. She came with her boyfriend, Shoto Todoroki (not sorry ✌🏼).

The family of one of Keigo's "groomsmen" had come. I say that in quotes because this groomsman is, actually, a girl named Zara Bishop. He had also invited his nephew, Tokoyami, and Endeavor as his other groomsmen.

What made me even happier than I was like five seconds ago was seeing that the League of Villains had somehow managed to attend without getting attacked.

It was a bit of a mess, but that's okay because it's a mess that came to see me and Keigo get married.

I could not be happier.

However, ecstasy is a thing. And I definitely felt that when Keigo and I danced together for the first time.

I guess I've just been dreaming of this dance since I was a small child, and never in a million years would've guessed that I would be doing this with Keigo of all people.

Nothing in the universe can change the way I feel right now. I feel like I'm floating on clouds, enjoying every moment of it with Keigo.

I will have this magical moment, and every other moment to share with him for the rest of my life.

Truly the best day ever.

~~

AHHHHHH THIS IS THE END

IM SAD BUT I ALSO FEEL ACCOMPLISHED BECAUSE THIS IS THE FIRST STORY I ACTUALLY FINISHED COMPLETELY

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE THAG READ UNTIL THE END. I SERIOUSLY DONT KNOW WHY YOU LIKE MY WRITING BUT THANK YOUUUHH

Also, yes I made Hawks Tokoyami's uncle because why not, you know?

And I do not in any way regret the self-insert

That's all I have to say

AND THANK YOU AGAIN

Also I'm taking a pole vote thing for the next book I publish

Just Like Magic (K. Bakugo X Reader)

One Day (N. Todoroki X Reader)

As You Wish (D. Kaminari X Reader)

Please vote because I think they're all decent ideas but can't decide which one to put out next

Peace everyone, and I will see you next time

-Isabel