Chapter 18: Yuri's Birthday Part 2

f/s=favorite store

~~

"Did you grab the bag I told you to grab on our way out?" I asked Keigo, starting up the car while looking at him through the rear view mirror. "Also what do you want me to call you now that Yuri's here?"

He handed me a bag from next to him and said, "I don't really care. Call me by my first name if you want."

I dug around in the bag as I hummed in response. I took out the things I needed at the moment—a CD and small gift bag—and threw the plastic bag back behind me.

It hit Keigo in the face.

I ignored his complaining and fought the urge to laugh, putting the CD in the CD holder. I placed the bag in the arm rest thingy between the drivers seat and passenger seat and put my hands on the steering wheel.

"You still like Selena, right?" I asked Yuri as a song started playing, backing out of my parking spot. "Keigo move your fucking wings. I cant see shit in the mirror. It's all red."

"Where the hell am I supposed to put them?"

"Literally anywhere. Anyways, Yuri. Tell me about life."

Yuri chuckled at mine and Hawks' bickering. "Uhm, I'd say it's going pretty good. It could be worse. I could be meeting the toxic ass love of my life."

She gave me a look. I'm not sure how to describe it, but it was the look, you know?

"Hey, listen here, small child," I started. "You are young. Life has been kind to you. You will learn."

"Did you line that up with the music on purpose?"

I shook my head. "Nope. This song just happened to be playing and it was the perfect time to say that."

Yuri and I kept talking, Keigo butting into our conversation every now and then. I told her basically the whole story of how Hawks and I now live together, not mentioning some names because there's a pro-hero in my car.

The conversation went on without a pause. Until one of Yuri's favorite songs came on.

And yes, we both know it by heart.

"SI UNA VEZ DIJE QUE TE AMBADA, HOY ME ARRIPIENTO!" we screamed at the top of our lungs. Keigo was staring at us like we needed mental help.

Honestly he's not wrong.

"SI UNA VEZ DIJE QUE TE AMBADA, NO SÉ LO QUE PENSÉ, ESTABA LOCA!"

"You know this song kinda reminds me of you and your ex," Yuri said out of the blue.

"And why is that?" I asked, still humming along with the tune of the song. I saw Keigo get more interested in what we were talking about in the rear view mirror. He leaned forward slightly, cocking his head a bit to the side.

"I don't know. I guess it's just saying that at one point she gave her all for this guy but he broke her heart," Yuri explained. "And now that she's looking back at it, she doesn't know why she told him she loved him."

I glanced at her as we reached a red light, leaning back in the seat for a minute as I waited for it to turn green.

"That is oddly specific and surprisingly accurate," I said. "Too damn deep, bro. I didn't pick you up so we could talk about my love life."

"Well from what I've seen just now—"

"AP!" I yelled, smacking a hand over her mouth. "Don't you dare say another word."

"You got it, lady," she responded, giving me a thumbs up.

"Annnnnd we're here," I said, pulling up into a parking spot. "I really had no clue what to do today, so we're at the mall."