Chapter 2

It was now the day after she took Rustle and Max for their flue jab, she had dropped both boys off at nursery, before making her way to work.

"Montgomery, Max asked if you could teach him your famous gingerbread recipe" the blonde spoke, smiling at the thought of her sons relationship with her team.

They were her family, even if they weren't blood, it made Maya happy to think that they were so good with her boys.

"Tell Max to bring his apron, it's on!" He exclaimed.

"Are they coming to the station today?"

"Yes I asked if Bailey could pick them up and drop them here" she answered.

"That's nice of her" Travis replied, as he made his way into the beanery, the blonde following beside him.

"It is" Maya replied, nodding.

*Station 19 Aid car 19*

They were being called for a 2 alarm, nothing too serious, but it still meant they had to leave the station.

Both Maya and Travis ran to the engine, getting geared up before hopping into the truck.

They had just arrived back at the station a minor call: someone had left their toast in the toaster for too long, which caused the house to smoke up, there wasn't an actual fire, they were just being cautious.

Maya made her way through reception, about to turn and head for the showers, but stopped when she saw Bailey standing at the entrance with Rustle and Max, hands in hers.

"Mommy!" Max shouted excitedly, before both boys ran up to the blonde, hugging her tightly.

"Hi my gorgeous boys" she spoke, as she lifted Max into the air eliciting a giggle from the small blonde, before placing a kiss to his cheek, and doing the same with Rustle.

"Thank you for getting them here Bailey"

"It was no issue, I had some free time" she answered, tilting her head, as she watched the blonde with her sons.

"Max guess what?"

"What mommy?" He asked, as they made their way to the beanery.

"Uncle Travis said that he'll make his famous ginger biscuits with you, how's that sound?" She asked, watching as Max's face lit up, a broad smile on his face.

"Really?"

"Yes my love" Maya replied, laughing at the excitement evident in her sons voice.

"Uncle Travis make biscuits" Max yelled, as he made an entrance into the beanery by running into the room, before he spotted Travis in the kitchen, and ran up to him jumping into his arms.

"Woah hi there buddy" Travis spoke, laughing at the boy in his arms.

"We make biscuits?" Max asked, wanting to make sure.

"Of course, we can start them now?" He asked, before placing him back onto the floor, as he removed his hat and rustled his blonde curls, eliciting a giggle in response.

"You silly"

"Mommy me not make biscuits?" Rustle asked, his lip forming a pout and his eyes watering.

"You can if you want to sweetheart" Maya replied, before lifting him back into her arms.

"Hey little man" Jack made his way into the beanery after his shower, quickly noticing that he was upset.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Me no make biscuits" he choked, his tears turning into sobs, his breathing becoming heavier.

"Why don't me and you do something?" Jack asked, as he held his hands out towards the small blonde.

Maya handed Rustle over to her friend, before she leant towards him so she could place a kiss to his nose, and swept the tears that lay on his cheeks.

The tears soon stopped, as well as the crying.

The little boy rested his cheek against Jack's shoulder, and wrapped his arms around the mans neck, finding comfort in the firefighter.

"Thank you" Maya mouthed, in which she received a smile from jack, before he carried Rustle over to the table.

"I need to have a shower are they good with you up here?"

"Yes they're fine, go have a shower" Travis replied from his position in the kitchen with Max.

The blonde made her way to the showers, before she was stopped by Andy.

"Someone down stairs is asking for you" She spoke, earning a confused look in response from the blonde.

"Go look for yourself"

"All I want is to take a shower" she groaned, before making her way to the entrance of the station.

Andy was in fact correct, it was Carina.

How did she know I worked here? Why is she here? Maya thought, as she approached the brunette.

"Hi?"

"Ciao" the Italian spoke.

"I'm sorry I can't help but be a little confused right now, how did you find me? How do you even know this is what I do" Maya asked.

"Well, you're quite famous you know? I asked around for information on where to find you, and I was told that you worked here, so I thought I'd come down on my lunch break to give you... this" she replied, as she moved her hand into her handbag, before receiving a very familiar toy fire truck.

"You're a saint you know that?" Maya gasped, when she saw the small toy in the brunettes hand.

She didn't even realise Max left it at the hospital, and neither did Max, but she was glad she was the one to find it.

Carina laughed at the blondes comment before, handing it over to the firefighter.

"To be completely honest with you, it just gave me an excuse to see you again" carina responded.

Maya wasn't expecting what she heard from the Italian, but couldn't help the small smile that appeared on her face.

"Well, if I'm being honest with you, I'm glad my son lost his toy" she replied, causing both women to laugh.

"How are they?" She asked, referring to the twins.

"They're doing good, Rustle is a little emotional, I think that's the grouchiness you mentioned" she replied, laughing softly.

"I see, well it should pass within a few days, if anything changes, if they start to feel feverish, or show any other signs, ring this number" she explained, before handing the blonde her work number.

"And if you want to talk to me about anything that doesn't involve sick children, then I advise you contact this number" the brunette wrote her number down on a piece of tissue she found lying on the receptionist desk, before giving it to Maya.

"I'll consider both of those options"

Maya couldn't believe that this gorgeous Italian doctor just gave her phone number.

"I must be heading back, but it was nice to see you again, even if it was unexpected" Carina spoke, smiling softly at the blonde before exiting the station.

She was definitely glad her son left his fire truck.

AN:

Let me know what you thought :)

It would be great to hear some suggestions from you all, comment some down below :)

"