Chapter 4

The last holiday of the year was nearing, the holiday before the new year.

Christmas

Maya always enjoyed making the holiday festive for the twins, she dreaded the day when they grow up and find out about Santa, all the things they would believe when they're young, won't be believed as they grow older.

She held onto every moment, the memories were important.

Over the previous two weeks of December, they'd already bought a tree and the decorations, they'd shopped for family, as well as friends.

It saddened the blonde that Rustle would be spending this Christmas with his arm in a cast, but she knew that it wouldn't stop her from giving him an amazing Christmas, as well as Max.

"Mommy look!" Max exclaimed as he pointed at the door of the beanery, laughing as he watched Travis walk around the beanery dressed as Santa.

Both boys were jumping up and down with excitement, laughing hysterically.

"Hello there young Rustle" Travis spoke before leaning down and grabbing the small boy by his waist, and lifting him into the air.

"Have you been a good boy this year?" He asked, as he pulled out a chair from behind the table and sat down, with Rustle situated on his lap.

"I've been good boy" he responded, as he looked up at Travis, and placed his hand on his beard, tugging slightly to see if it would come off.

"You're not Santa silly, you're uncle Travis"

Travis looked at Maya for help, the twins were much smarter than most children their age, they definitely weren't foolish that's for sure.

"Sweetie, uncle Travis works with Santa, he let him borrow his costume" she attempted, studying both boys faces as they contemplated what their mother had said.

"You see the elves?" Max asked, as he let go of Maya's hand, walking over to his brother.

"I do indeed, they're very cheeky you know" he smiled, whilst moving his hand to Rustles cheek, pinching it softly before doing the same to Max.

"Just like a certain pair of cheeky little monkeys I know"

Maya watched the twins for a moment, admiring them.

If memories could be held in storage units, to be lived again, she'd relive this moment a thousand times over and over again.

Their beautiful moment was interrupted however, by the sudden noise of the alarms, sounding through the station.

Both Travis and Maya were needed for this call.

Maya quickly grabbed hold of Max, as Travis grabbed hold of Rustle.

They both made their way through the station and into reception, where Miller was sat chatting to someone she recognised very well.

Carina

"Travis pass me Rustle" Maya spoke, as she placed Max down and held his hand tight, before receiving Rustle from her friend, placing him down as well and holding his hand as she made her way over to the brunette.

"Carina hi" Maya spoke, she knew she had to be quick, she had a 4 alarm to attend to.

"Buongiorno Bella, you need to go Sì?" Carina could tell that Maya needed to leave the station.

However, the two little boys stood closely by her side, not wanting her to leave, it looked like it was affecting the blonde, as she stood their hopelessly.