Chapter 15

"Bishop do you copy?" Andy was getting worried as she walked through the house with Vic hearing no response from the blonde.

"Bishop?" She tried again but still no response.

"Shit" Vic whispered not knowing what could have happened to her friend.

"Maya!" Andy shouted louder this time.

Still no response.

"Herrera, Hughs you need to get out of there now!" Andy shook her head wanting to find her best friend.

"No sir, Bishop is still in here and she's not answering her radio" they continued to walk through the darkness that surrounded them in the burning building.

"She's with us, now get out of there right now!" Andy looked at Vic and smiled at hearing Maya was with the team outside and safe.

Both women walked towards the exit and out of the house coughing as they did so.

Andy could see the ambulances parked by the side walk and noticed the familiar uniform laying on one of the stretchers.

She threw her oxygen mask on the floor and ran over to Maya.

"Maya" she winced when she saw the burn covering the blondes arm.

It started from her neck and travelled down to her wrist.

"Jesus Bishop" she held onto her friends hand willing the tears to go away.

"Andy" Maya tried to sit up but was gently pushed down by Ben.

"Maya you cant sit up" Maya groaned out in pain as Jack assessed her arm.

"Gibson my arm is burnt don't poke at it" Andy smiled, even when she was in pain she was still her usual self.

"Let's take her to Grey Sloan" They wheeled Maya into the ambulance and off they went.

"How did this even happen Maya?" Andy asked.

"A tank blew right in front of me" Andy furrowed her eyebrows.

"A tank?" Maya nodded.

"A helium balloon tank"

"Oh shit" Maya rested her head against the pillows as they neared Grey Sloan.

Maya coughed her chest burning everytime she breathed.

"Chest" Maya held onto her chest as she coughed some more.

"Maya we're almost there hold on ok" Andy sat next to her friend trying to comfort her the best she could.

The sirens stopped telling Andy they had arrived at the hospital.

The doors opened and they were greeted by all of the most well known doctors of Seattle.

"What we got?" She heard Baileys voice.

"27 year old female Helium canister exploded causing her left arm to be severely burnt as well as her collar bone and neck. Victim is complaining of chest pains and is coughing due to smoke inhalation" Andy helped wheel Maya off of the ambulance.

"Maya?" Bailey asked knowing the blonde very well.

"Hurts" she breathed her chest beginning to feel tighter.

"Ok ok I need all of the best doctors on this one. Page everyone" she called out orders before wheeling Maya into the hospital.

Andy watched as Maya was wheeled into Grey Sloan.

She stood still feeling helpless.

"Andy?" Carina saw the brunette standing outside of the hospital.