Chapter 9

Friday had rolled around quite quickly Maya had been thinking about it all week and thought that it would make it go slower, but no it went oddly fast.

Carina would be meeting her at the station and they would walk together to her apartment.
Maya had planned for the twins to be baby sat because she didn't fancy having them on her date.

"Andy do you have everything?" Maya asked as she awaited for Carina.

"Maya be calm" Maya laughed at her friend.

"I'm just nervous that's all" Andy looked at the blonde eyeing her up, she didn't get nervous for a lot of things, but this woman made her feel differently.

"Like I said. You're falling" Maya glared at the brunette.

"Shut up you're not helping"

"Maybe so but she's here" Andy spotted the brunette and smiled at her before walking away and to the beanery to grab the twins.

"Hi Bella" Carina placed a kiss to Maya's cheek earning Maya's face to turn a light shade of pink.

"You're ready to go?" Carina asked.

"Yes I've been waiting for you for a while" Maya replied.

"Oh I'm sorry am I late?" Carina asked feeling slightly guilty.

"No no it wasn't you I was just nervous" carina smiled at that.

"Oh really?" She stopped walking for a moment, they were out of the station now but the night was peaceful and there weren't many people on the streets.

Carina stood opposite the blonde and placed her hands on Maya's waist, she leaned closer so she could whisper in her ear.

"I'm glad I make you feel nervous. You make me feel nervous too Bella" Maya's whole body felt like it was floating.

This woman was something else.

****************************

"You won a gold medal?" Carina couldn't believe how much there was to know about Maya.

They we're sat on the sofa facing each other talking about their past.

"I competed in the olympics yes" Carinas mouth was now wide open.

"Close your mouth flies might swoop in there" she laughed as carina closed her mouth.

"Oh wow my past will not compare to yours" Maya shook her head.

"Try me"

"Ok Sì um my brother passed away a year ago, his name was Andrew but I called him Andrea, he was my little brother by 4 years or so. My parents got divorced because they were unhappy, because of it I don't believe in marriage. I became a doctor in Italy before moving to America for my brother I then started working at Grey Sloan met someone I thought was the love of my life and then moved back to Italy when she broke my heart" Maya felt bad about Carinas brother, she clearly had a good bond with hers, whereas her and Mason did not.

"I'm sorry about your brother. Do you want to tell me more about him?" Maya asked wanting Carina to feel like she couldn't talk more about Andrew.

"I feel like I will cry if I do so I will say no for now but thank you Bella I will another time" Maya smiled in reply and took a sip of some of her wine that was on the coffee table next to them.

"Anything else I need to know about you? You only mentioned the medal" Maya thought about telling carina about her dad but thought it was too much too soon so she opted to talk about Mason.

"I have a brother" Carina raised her eyebrows in response thinking Maya was an only child.

"Me and my brother had a tough upbringing, it was bad. We drew apart from each other without meaning to. He got addicted to drugs because of our childhood. He's now living on the streets and I don't know where he is. He won't take any help from me" Carina definitely wasn't expecting that but yet again she didn't think Maya had a brother.

"Is he also your younger brother?" She asked.

"Yes" Maya nodded her head before placing her wine back on the table.

"I'm sorry Bella" carina placed her hand on Maya's cheek using her thumb to stroke her skin.

"It's alright it happened I haven't stopped looking for him and I'll always be here" Maya closed her eyes when she felt Carinas hand touch her cheek.

"That's what a good big sister does" Maya smiled when Carina said that, she's always had doubts about being a good big sister for Mason.

"Anyway new topic"

"Sì you go" Maya thought about something to talk about for a second whilst Carina moved her hand from her cheek so she could grab her wine from the table.

"It's the twins birthday on Tuesday" Carina smiled at the thought of Maya's sons.

"Ahh how old?" Carina asked.

"3 I cant believe I will have 3 year olds" Carina laughed at that.

"When I found out I was pregnant I was going to get an abortion because I wasn't ready, but when I found out I had twins early on I couldn't do it. Somehow being a mother didn't sound so bad" Carina smiled at Maya's story.

"I've always wanted children" Maya knew that as an OBGYN seeing babies all day must make you want one yourself.

"How many?" Maya asked.

"2 boys and 2 girls" Maya raised her eyebrows at that.

"That's a lot" Maya only wanted the twins for now until she found her person.

"It's what I've always wanted a big family. Happy. The complete opposite to mine"

"Well hopefully you'll get it" Maya could feel herself leaning closer to Carina.

Carina leant closer to the blonde when she noticed her leaning towards her for a kiss.

"Thank you for a great date" Maya whispered against Carinas lips before she pressed their lips together in a quiet symphony.

"My pleasure"

AN:

Ahhh date night.