Chapter 20

"Finally Jesus" Maya rolled her eyes at her friend.

"Come on it was so obvious you too were dating, or at least wanted to" Andy nodded in response smiling knowingly at the blonde.

"How'd it happen?" Andy asked as she rounded the receptionist desk so she could sit with vic.

"Well, we were just stood in the kitchen, she was stood behind me with her arms wrapped around my waist, and then suddenly she asked me when she could be my girlfriend" Vic swooned at the thought of being treated like the way Maya was by Carina.

"If only men were like Carina" Vic sighed earning a laugh in response from Maya.

"Well then" Andy stood from the desk before placing her hand of Maya's shoulder and squeezing gently.

"Congrats" Maya smiled at her friends before they all made their way up to the beanery.

"Guys, we have news" before Maya could interject the whole team had their ears perked on what Vic was saying.

"Maya and Carina have finally tied the knot!" Maya rolled her eyes as her crew cheered.

"Oh shut up" Maya's cheeks turned a light shade of pink as she received the attention of her team.

"Happy for you Maya" Jack patted the blonde on the shoulder as did the rest of the men.

"Ok, can we please talk about something else now" before anyone could say anything further the speaker's went off.

"Ladder 19, station 19" Maya sighed in relief as she turned to run to the truck.

"Thank god"

****

"Hi" Maya had finished her shift until she had to go back in after lunch so decided to go see her girlfriend whilst she was on her break.

The twins were at nursery until 3 so it gave her some time.

"Hi Bella" Carina leant in to place a kiss to Maya's lips, the kiss lingering slightly as Maya hummed into the kiss.

"Caramel latte?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

"Sì, it gets me through the day" Maya smiled before they turned to walk through the doors of the hospital.

"The weather describes my mood today" Carina said as they wandered through the streets of Seattle.

"Bad shift?" Maya asked knowing work could stress Carina out sometimes.

"Sì" she nodded.

"My mood has been cured now though" Maya smiled before interlocking their fingers whilst they walked across the road.

"Health and safety" Carina laughed in response.

"Sure"

"I told Andy and Vic about us being together" Carina turned to look at Maya as she continued to speak.

"Let's just say I'm never telling them anything again"

Carina raised a brow.

"They told the whole station and they were all picking on me for how we are Finally together" Carina laughed in response.

"I mean it hasn't been that long" Maya nodded as they turned towards an Italian take out that Carina always ate at.

"I think it's because we acted as if we were together before we actually were" Carina nodded in understanding.

"Sì"

"What are you getting?" Carina asked, having to order for Maya because she struggled to pronounce the orders.

"Same as you" Carina released Maya's hand as they came to a stop at the small Italian takeout.

"Wont be long" Maya smiled in response before Carina disappeared into the takeout.

****

"I need to head back to the station" Maya breathed as she pulled away from Carinas grasp.

"Now?" Carina asked pouting at her girlfriend.

They were sat on the sofa in Carinas office after eating their food: soft touches turned into teasing ones, soft kisses turned into heated ones.

Both women were breathless as they spoke.

"Yeah" Carina sighed knowing she should let Maya leave.

"Can I come to the station tonight to see you?" Maya nodded.

"Yeah, Jack is taking the twins back to mine anyway because he finishes earlier than me" Carina smiled at the blonde watching as she stood from the sofa.

"Ok I'll see you later?" Maya leant down to steal one last kiss from the brunette before leaving the small office.

****

"Be good for uncle jack, ok?" Both toddlers nodded as they took hold of Jack's hand and followed the older man out of the station.

"Thanks again Jack"

Maya sighed as she watched the twins leave the station and opted to finally have a shower after a rough shift.

She was still on shift but she felt the need to wash away the previous hours of smoke and fire she had been surrounded in.

She walked into the locker room before pulling her shirt from over her arms, her trousers being pushed down until they were in a messy puddle on the floor with her shirt.

She gathered her clothes and chucked them into the washing machine before sliding into the shower.

When she first turned the tap on the water was cold, but after a moment the water soon heated and surrounded her with steam.

She could hear noises from outside of the locker room, they got closer and she then heard them from outside the shower- the locker room.

"Maya which one are you in" Carina? Why was she in the locker room?

"End one" Maya answered despite her many questions.

Before she even knew what was happening she saw Carinas naked body enter the shower with her.

"Carina-" she placed her hand over Maya's mouth causing her to be quiet.

"No, I've had the worst day at work and all I want, all I need is this, is you" Maya nodded her head as the brunette released her hand from over her mouth.

Maya's eyes scanned Carinas body.

This was the first time they had done anything more than kissing, anything intimate; Maya was confused and a little concerned but she couldn't help but rake her eyes over gorgeous tanned skin.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Maya asked as she rested her hands against Carinas waist; stroking her thumb across smooth skin.

The brunette rested her forehead against Maya's and shook her head no.

"That's ok, later" Maya understood that this wasn't a sexual act, she knew that Carina just needed something to calm her down and to destroy the tension she was currently feeling.

She could do that.

She moved her hands from on her waist and scratched her nails across the skin of her back.

Brown eyes shut as she felt Maya's hands scratch at her back.

She placed her full hand against the Italians back and focused on the feeling of Carinas skin underneath her palm.

Maya's other hand moved towards Carinas face, she used two fingers and placed them under her chin so she could get Carina to look at her.

"I've got you" Maya leant in to place a gentle kiss to the skin of her cheek.

"I've got you"

AN:

I FINISH SCHOOL IN A MONTH GUYS. WHY IS THAT SO SCARY?