Chapter 22

"Max be carful" Maya watched as both Rustle and Max ran around the park.

They had been asking her for a while now to take them to the park after nursery, she had been busy, but had opted on taking them today as she had a late shift at the station.

"Mommy play" Max pulled at the blondes arm encouraging her to play with them.

Maya sighed before running after both small blondes.

"Rahhhh" Maya screamed, earning squeals of joy and giggles from the twins.

"Mommy's going to get you Max" Max's laughter came to an end when he came to an abrupt stop; his breathing uneven and short.

"No breath" he panted, pointing to his chest.

Rustle was unaware of what was happening and continued to run away from Maya.

Maya leant down so she was level with her son.

"Hey listen" she checked her pockets for his asthma pump but unfortunately she didn't have it on her.

"Dammit" she cursed herself when she realised she gave the spare pump to the nursery.

"Baby, you need to breath for me" Max panted and whined as he struggled to breath.

"Hey, watch me" she held her hands against his cheeks encouraging him to copy her breathing.

"Good boy" he attempted to do what she was doing, his breathing soon slowing down.

"That's it, no, baby look at me" he turned his head starting to get restless again.

"Breath" she nodded her head when his breathing evened out and back to normal.

"Good" Max smiled at Maya, before kissing her left palm in which was resting against his cheek.

It melted Mayas heart how soft Max was, it scared her that one day he'd be going out into the world all by himself, she wouldn't be able to protect him then.

She'd sure as hell try to though.

Maya took the chance to capture the moment she was having with max, both hands against his cheeks, the kiss he left on her palm.

She was brought back into reality when she felt someone tug on her jacket.

She looked down to see rustle impatiently pulling at her clothing, clearly wanting to continue with the game.

"Rustle sweetheart, Max needs to sit down for a minute ok?" She glanced down at her other boy, his eyes the same ocean blue as her own, and Max's.

The same ocean blue that always made her give in to relentless pleas or wants, wants she sometimes didn't want to cave into.

He nodded before turning on his heal and walking towards the swings.

"Max, let's go sit on that bench" she removed her hands from his cheeks before taking hold of one of his hands and guiding him over to the bench.

She sat down first before lifting Max onto her lap, as well as keeping an eye on Rustle whilst he was attempting to swing himself on the swing.

Maya clutched onto Max's waist as he sat on her lap bouncing him on her knee; listening to his steadier breaths.

10 minutes passed with Max situated on the blondes lap, and with Rustle running around entertaining himself in the park.

Maya decided that it was probably best if they headed to the station, she had a shift at six o'clock and it was already nearing three o'clock, she had a lot to do in the meantime.