Chapter 16

1 week later

"Mommy burn" Maya was on leave because of her injury from the house fire a week ago.

It was currently late afternoon.

"Yes, but mommies ok" Max frowned his lips forming a pout.

"Mummy's ok" she pulled Max closer so he was stood resting against her leg.

"Mommy ok" Maya nodded and smiled before adverting her eyes to the other small blonde that hurried over to them.

"Mommy" Rustle ran and wrapped his arms around her toned legs.

"Yes my love?"

"When we go back to station?" He asked.

Maya knew both her boys loved being at the station, it was basically their second home.

"After my recovery baby" she rested her hand on Rustles head interlocking her fingers into light blonde locks.

"Ok" he nodded nuzzling his head further into the fabric of Maya's jeans.

Maya's attention turned to the door when she heard a soft knock at the door.

"Knock" Max ran over to the door waiting for Maya to join him and open it.

Maya picked Rustle up from his position against her leg and rested him on her hip.

She opened the door smiling when she saw Carina holding flowers and Chinese takeout.

"Hi Bambina" she smiled at Maya before focusing on the twins.

"Hi bello" she smiled at Max before doing the same for Rustle.

"Hi Rina" it melted Mayas heart when the boys called Carina 'Rina'.

"How are my favourite set of twins doing?" She asked before walking into Maya's apartment and shutting the door behind her.

"Good" Max beamed.

"Me good" Rustle nodded his head smiling when Carina softly pinched his cheek.

"That's very good Sì" Max moved to be next to his mother again.

"Have you been taking good care of your Mama?" She asked.

"Yes we take care of mommy. Don't we mommy?" Max looked up at his mother waiting for an answer.

"Yes both of you have taken very good care of me" she placed her hand on top of Max's head, in which he just smiled.

"Isn't that good" Carina moved into the kitchen so she could place the flowers and Chinese takeout down on the counter.

"Hungry" Rustle pointed to the food Carina had bought round for her and Maya.

"Do they like Chinese?" She asked as Maya joined her in the kitchen, Max following beside her.

"I don't know" she grabbed one of the small boxes on the counter and opened it to show them both.

"Ew worms" Max made a face that told Maya they would not be eating the food, as did Rustle.

"Ok, so I take that as a no" Carina laughed as Maya placed the box back onto the side.

"I could make them something" Max's face lit up.

"Fries!"

"You really don't have to" Maya whispered.

"Please, of course I will. Go sit down and eat your food" Maya hesitated for a moment.