Chapter 19

Maya was in her kitchen wrapped within the arms of an Italian she was growing very fond of.

The twins were asleep; Carina stayed over again.

"I was wondering" Carina spoke softly.

"Hm?" Maya moved her hands so they were resting against Carinas around her own waist.

"When can I be your girlfriend?" Maya's eyes widened slightly not expecting such a serious topic to come up.

"Well" Maya thought for a moment.

She wanted Carina to be her girlfriend, but how does she settle her in with the boys?

Will she be their step mum?

"What's on your mind?" Carina whispered as she placed a kiss to Maya's bare shoulder.

"The boys" Carina nodded her head.

"Listen, we don't have to move fast, we can go slow.
You know I adore your boys" Maya smiled knowing that they adored her too.

Maya suddenly turned around in Carinas arms and eagerly leant in for a kiss.

Carina reciprocated the kiss closing her eyes to savour soft lips against her own.

"I'll be your girlfriend" Carina opened her eyes, the biggest smile on her face.

"Yeah?" Maya nodded before leaning in to kiss Carina again.

They pulled apart when they heard little footsteps nearing them in the kitchen.

"Baby" Maya smiled when she saw Max stood outside his bedroom: his Teddy tucked in his grasp and his hair messy.

"Mama" the small boy waddled over to both women, before Maya leant down so she could pick him up and lay him across her chest.

"Good morning sweetheart" Maya loved holding her boys when they had just woken up: the warmth of their bodies from being tucked up in bed reminded Maya of when they were first born.

Max hummed in response, his eyes shut.

They stood for a moment enjoying the quiet until they heard Rustle awake.

"Morning sleepy head" Rustle rubbed at his eyes and groaned in response.

He slowly walked over to Carina and allowed the Italian to lift him into her arms.

Rustle attached his hands to Carinas shirt and rested his head against her shoulder.

Carina rested her hand against his back and gently ran her hand back and forth against the fabric of his shirt.

"That was a big one" Carina laughed as Rustle yawned.

"What time do you have to be in?" Maya asked knowing the doctor had to work today.

"Not until 1 o'clock" Maya nodded in response smiling knowingly at her girlfriend as she didn't have to be in until the evening for a late shift.

"Hey boys, how would you like it if we went to the park today?" Rustle seemed to be much more awake now when he heard this.

"Park" Max had his head still resting against Maya's shoulder, but he perked up at the idea of going to the park.

"Sì" Carina nodded.

"Let's get ready then shall we" Maya started to walk into the twins room so she could get them dressed and ready for the day.

Rustle was dressed and ready, but Max was slightly harder to get ready this morning.

Carina was getting him dressed whilst Maya made breakfast and put Tv on for Rustle.

"Max" Carina stroked her thumb against the skin of his cheek to wake the small boy up again.

"Hm" he opened his eyes, but struggled.

"You need to stay awake bello" Maya came in with a bottle of juice in hand.

"Try this" she handed the juice to Carina who then gave it to Max, watching as he drank the cold beverage eagerly.

"Thank you" Maya pressed her hand to Carinas head in response.

Max was soon to discard the bottle.

Carina discarded the current nappy he had on and changed it for a clean one, before putting some joggers on, and a plain blue shirt- matching with his brother.

"You ready?" She asked once she had finally finished getting him dressed.

Max nodded before pushing himself from his bed.

"Let's go" Carina laughed as he ran from his room and into the living room.

"Someones perked up" Maya laughed also, as she watched Max run towards her from where she was stood behind the kitchen counter.

She lifted him from the floor.

"Park" he pointed to the window.

"Yes honey, we are going to the park, but not until we've all eaten. Ok?" Max pouted but nodded in response.

Maya kissed his cheek before placing him down.

****

"Higher" Max was currently on the swing set, as Maya pushed him.

"Higher! Baby you'll go to space if I push you any higher" Max laughed at his mother's silly joke.

"No mommy" he shook his head before Maya pushed him higher.

"Oh Rustle" Carina was searching for the small blonde as he hid away from her.

She laughed to herself when she saw his head poke out from behind a tree.

"I wonder where he is" she pondered as she neared the tree Rustle was stood behind.

"Well, I'm going to have to leave without him" she turned around and smiled when she heard fast footsteps running towards her.

She turned around and managed to lift him as he charged over to her.

"I'm here" he said laughing at Carinas face as she gasped in fake relief.

"I thought I lost you" she joked.

"Silly Rina" he laughed.

Maya saw the two stood by the trees, so slipped her phone from her Jean clad pocket.

She went onto her camera and snapped a photo of the two smiling at the picture.

****

It was time for Carina to go to work.

They walked to the hospital together.

Max was securely placed on top of Maya's shoulders, as Rustle held hands with Carina.

"No go" Rustle pouted as they neared the hospital.

"My love, Carina has to go help mommies with babies now" Rustles pout lingered.

"I'll see you soon, ok" Rustle nodded his head and let go of Carinas hand.

"Bye Rina!" Carina smiled before placing a kiss to her girlfriends cheek.

"Bye bello" she started to walk away, waving at both boys as she entered the doors to the hospital.

AN:

It's official. GIRLFRIENDS