Chapter 26

December 1st

The last holiday of the year was rolling in, the snow was falling early this year, the weather conditions were getting bad as time went on, but no storms had occurred yet so all was good within the city of Seattle.

Maya was working most of the days this month, her shifts were longer as more casualties rolled in.

The air was colder and the streets were icier.

"Mommy, look shnow" Max and Rustle we're both stood outside of the station picking up balls of snow into their hands and showing it to the blonde.

They had seen snow a lot when they were younger but apparently hadn't remembered much from those memories.

"I know baby" Rustle came out of nowhere and threw a ball of cold snow at Mayas back, causing the blonde to all but swivel around on the spot.

"Rustle Bishop!" She squinted her eyes at the small boy before gabbing a handful of snow and chasing after the small boy.

Both boys ran and laughed as maya threw snowballs at them gently.

"Mommy!" Max laughed as she lifted him from the ground and peppered kisses to his cold, flushed face.

Carina was walking to the station as the snow was too thick to drive in.

She rounded the corner and heard screaming, laughter and giggles, familiar giggles.

She watched as maya pinned Rustle to the ground and forced him to make a snow angel, her hands holding onto his arms and his legs flinging around.

Her heart swelled at watching Maya with her boys.

December 10th

"That's it max you have to stir it" Max stirred the wooden spoon around in the bowel as Travis helped Rustle with his.

Rustle was squeezing the dough between his fingers and chucking it onto the table.

"Ok now can you roll it out for me?" The man asked the boy, as he passed him the rolling pin so he could flatten out the dough.

"Good" he praised as Rustle rolled the dough out on the counter.

"Max the cookie dough is ready now, can you do what your brother is doing?" She asked as she took the dough from the bowl and placed it on the counter.

"Yes mommy" he slapped the dough to make it flat like Rustles.

"Wait for the rolling pin sweetheart" Max listened to Maya and waited for his turn.

"Sank you Russy" Maya smiled, max had called his brother that name since he learnt how to speak.

"Good Max!" Max smiled as he rolled the cookie dough.

"Now for the best bit" Travis declared as he brought the Christmas cookie cutters over to the boys.

"I wan snow man" Max shouted his hands pointing at the snow man cookie cutter.

"Ok, here you go" Max smiled before thanking the man and using his cutter for the cookies.

Both boys cut their cookies out before Maya and Travis put them onto trays and placed them into the oven to be baked.

"Something smells delicious in here" Carina walked through the door and smiled when she saw the blonde.

"Hi Bellini" Maya smiled before kissing the brunette softly on the lips.