Chapter 8

Maya had just dropped the twins off at nursery and was now at the station.

She walked through the double doors being welcomed by Vic.

Her body suddenly came to a halt when she saw flowers with her name on a small piece of paper on top of them.

"These came for you Maya. Do you have a secret admirer?" Vic smirked but the blonde just snatched the flowers from the desk and went into the locker room to get dressed.

Carina sent these for her.

She hadn't seen the brunette since they were at the hospital to get Max's cast removed.

She read the small note that came with the roses before smelling them.

The smile increased on her lips when she read the little message.

*hi Bella I just wanted to give you a little treat. I know how busy it's been at the station at the moment. Please try and take it easy. From your favourite Italian- Carina.*

She was right it had been very busy due to the weather conditions hitting Seattle recently.

She had been trying her hardest to relax what with having to take care of her twins as well it was difficult.

She got dressed and made her way into the beanery, she found a vase and filled it with water before placing the roses in it.

"Oooo flowers from the Italian hmm?" Andy teased as she made her way into the beanery not long after Maya.

"Shut up Andy" Maya loved Andy, she's her best friend but when she teased her about girls she wanted to slap the hair from her head and laugh.

"When is she coming to the station again?" Andy asked as she made her way over to the fridge and grabbed the carton of milk as well as a box of cereal, a bowl, and a spoon.

"I'm not sure. Probably some point soon" Maya didn't know when Carina would be returning to the station, but she wanted her to.

"Ask her. She's Italian meaning that she must have some amazing recipes tucked up her sleeves" Maya smiled at that knowing carina loved to cook and organise food.

"I'll ask her at some point Andy don't worry" Andy smiled at the blonde before moving to sit at the table.

The alarm went off before Andy could finish her cereal and both women ran to the engine.

**************************

After their exhausting shift she heard two giggles that made her heart melt every damn time.

Max and Rustle were at the station after being dropped off by Miranda.

"Thank you Miranda" she smiled at the woman before paying her attention to the twins.

"Hi boys come here" they both ran towards the blonde screaming excitedly and shouting "mommy!" as they ran.

"How was your day my boys?" She rustled both of their blonde locks and listened to their stories of the day.

*************************

Maya had messaged Carina to ask her if she wanted to come to the station tonight, she was now off shift and she had tucked the twins into the captains bunk.

She had said yes and told the blonde that she'd arrive within 20 minutes max.

"Carinas coming" she whispered to Andy watching her best friends face light up at the name.

"Ahh yes ask her if she can cook something I'm starving" Maya laughs and pulls her phone from her pocket again.

*Andy won't stop bugging me to ask you if you can cook for us would that be alright?* she sent the message and not long after received a message from carina.

*Ofc Bella I'd be happy to* she smiled down at the response and tapped in a reply.

"Oh you have it bad Bishop" Andy smiled at her best friend as she smiled down at her phone, only teenagers in love did that.

"Excuse me?" She gave Andy a pointed look that told her to shut her mouth.

"Hmm oh wait I think that's the engine I better go" she walked away quickly with the fake excuse helping her leave.

Maya just laughed at her friend and ignored her comment.

************************

"Ciao" Maya spun around when she heard Carinas voice.

"Hi" Maya walked over to Carina and enveloped her in a hug.

They hadn't discussed where it was going, what were they doing?

You know the talk you have to discuss where you stand, can you see other people or not?

All Maya knew was that she was attracted to carina and loved how she was with the twins and her personality, the way she is around her friends.

Carina wrapped her arms around the blonde pulling her face against the crook of her own neck.

"What are you going to be cooking?" Andy asked as she made her way over to the brunette.

" lasagne" Carina responded laughing when Andy licked her bottom lip and groaned.

"Keep her Maya" Maya's cheeks flushed red at Andy a comment.

"You're blushing Bella" carina smiled as she walked past the blonde.

*************************

"Ugh this tastes amazing Carina" Vic groaned as she tucked into the food in front of her.

"Thank you" Carina was dishing her own food up before making her way to the table and sitting down next to Maya.

"You like it?" She already knew the answer to her own question making it a rhetorical one, because Maya was wasting no time in shoving mouthfuls of food into her mouth.

"Bella slow down you'll get ingestion" carina rubbed Maya's back and willed her to take a breath so she could speak.

"I haven't eaten all day" Maya had been so busy on shit that she hadn't had a chance to eat and she just didn't feel hungry.

"Why?" Carina asked knowing that Maya job was very heavy handed so it wasn't good when she didn't eat.

"Busy day" Maya shrugged the conversation ending there.

However Carina was still thinking about it.

*****************************

"Thanks for stopping by" both women were now stood outside of the station the breezy Seattle air surrounding them.

"Thanks for asking me to come here" Carina stepped closer to Maya her personal space now being invaded by the Italian.

"Would you like to come over next Friday?" The question came out without thinking about it first, but it didn't sound like a bad idea.

"Of course how's 6 o'clock?" Carina asked as she moved closer to Maya.

"I'll see you then"

There was an agreement somewhere that the conversation had ended but neither of them were moving apart from closer to each other.

Carina was now mere centimetres away from Maya's face, she could feel her breath against her cheek.

Soft lips touched Maya's in a silent sympathy the kiss being gentle but passionate.

Maya placed her hand against Carinas cheek using her thumb to outline her jaw.

"Get it Bishop" of course Jack would say something like that in a moment like this.

"Both women pulled apart and glared at Jack causing him to back away slowly with his hands in the air in a surrender.

"I'll see you on Friday" Carina leant in to place a kiss to Maya's cheek before leaving her alone.

"Ugh I do have it bad"

AN:

She has it bad guys!