Chapter 21

Carina hadn't really spoken to the blonde after the events of the night before.

She had lost a patient and her baby at work and all she craved was Maya.

Now she has realised what had happened she kept herself distant from the blonde.

She was so vulnerable with Maya; it scared her.

Maya had tried to call the brunette, she wasn't picking up.

She was worried for her girlfriend, she knew she had a difficult day at work but she didn't know to what extent she was struggling.

She tried to call Carina, but still... no answer.

"Carina isn't answering me, I think she's avoiding me" Maya spoke out loud whilst Andy and Vic were eating in the beanery after their shift.

"How come?" Vic asked as she pulled a chair out so she could sit down.

"I've tried to message her, I even called her, and she ended the call each time" Vic pouted in response.

"That's weird" Maya nodded her head as she grabbed a box of cereal from the cabinet and a bowl as well as the milk.

"What happened?" Andy asked as she too sat down with Vic.

"She randomly got in the shower with me yesterday because of a bad shift at work and hasn't told me what happened" Andy's eyes widened.

"She got in the shower with you, like naked?" Andy asked as she ate her cereal.

"Yes naked" Maya joined them at the table before making her cereals.

"What are you going to do?" Vic asked.

"I honestly don't know" they were all silent for a moment before Andy spoke.

"Why don't you go down to the hospital and speak to her about it?" Andy suggested before standing from the table and back into the kitchen.

Maya nodded.

"Yeah"

****

Maya was on her lunch break, she had decided to listen to Andy's suggestion and was now standing outside the hospital.

She took a deep breath before walking through the double doors.

"Woah, watch it" she heard that all too familiar Italian accent.

She collided with Carina.

The Italian hadn't noticed yet, not until she looked up.

"Maya!?" She knelt down to collect the charts that had been knocked from her hands before standing upright again.

"Hi" Carina couldn't believe what she was seeing.

Why was she here?

"What are you doing here?" Carina started to walk; Maya followed.

"You haven't been answering my calls, or my messages" Maya began as she paced after her girlfriend.

"I've been busy" Carina did feel guilty about avoiding Maya.

"That doesn't normally stop us from ringing" Carina continued to walk until she came to a stop at her office door.

Maya stood opposite Carina, her hands hanging by her side.

"I need to fill these out" she pointed to the charts in her hands before resting her hand on the doorknob.

"Cant we talk quickly first?" Maya asked, as she took a step closer to her girlfriend.