Chapter 6

*A year and a half later.....*

Nico's POV:
😏

Luke and Marina's birthday was about two months ago and I thought dad would let Marina come home to celebrate but dad said something about her not being able to take the time off school.

I haven't seen her since she left. I felt too guilty to contact her, I just couldn't bring myself to.

She didn't even come home for Christmas that pushed me over the edge, I have to tell dad, I have to tell him I'm the reason she got sent away...well Dante and I are the reason.

I need to tell dad and the rest and get her back home where she belongs. My bambina deserves to be with her family. I have decided to come clean at dinner tonight.

*Time skip: Dinner*

"Nico are you okay? You have been very quiet all day. That not like you." My father questions making everyone turn their heads towards me.

"Actually I have to tell you all something. I did-well Dante and I did something-god you're all going to hate me. I was-" I was cut off by Dante.

"Man you better shut the fuck up or-" I cut him off "NO! I can't deal with the guilt anymore it eating me up inside! I can't, I need to tell them what we did!" I cry out on the verge of tears.

"Son just tell us what's going on please." My father obviously concerned at this point says to me.

"What did you boys do and don't you dare lie, I know something is up. Now speak." He demands.

I look away not able to look at anyone. "It's about Marina. Dante and I set her up, we got her sent away. It's our faults. The drugs, they-they were mine not hers." I say with tears streaming down my face.

Everyone was shocked and the anger I could see on every ones faces was enough to make me want to crawl into a hole and never come out.

My father regains his composure and simply states. "Explain." In a stern and angry tone.

"The drugs Romeo found behind the cushion that night were mine and Dante texted me to hide my stash in Marinas room because no one would think they would be hers so, I did, I hid them in her closet while she was in the shower. But then, when Dante said Marina was sitting on the couch and everything happened we were searching her room I didn't have a choice, if I didn't pull them out and someone else came in and found them I'd look suspicious. I wanted to tell you guys after but Dante said you would just ship us off like you did her, so I kept my mouth shut. I'm so so sorry truly, I can't take the guilt anymore, I miss her so much that it's killing me inside." I say the whole truth not leaving anything out.

"How, how could you both do that to her? I treated her like shit all because I thought the worst of her, because of what you did. I cut her off I haven't spoken to her since that night, I even told dad not to bring her back for our birthday because I couldn't face her because of what I thought she did. It's all your fault." Luke screamed at me.

I deserved it, I deserve it all. I looked down and all I could say was "I'm so so sorry."

No one spoke for a moment, Luke was pacing around the dining room. The attention was turned onto Dante when Lorenzo spoke.

"Wait why would Dante throw Marina under the bus like that? Why would you do that to her?" "Yes actually I would like an answer to this." Father spoke clearly very pissed off for not believing his daughter.

"It's simple, I didn't want her here. She doesn't belong in this life. She is better off where she is." He states simply. Now everyone is very pissed including me, I never knew why he did it.

"THATS YOUR EXCUSE!! She didn't belong here. Fuck you Dante." Luke take Dante by the collar and punches him in the face and knocking him to the ground.

"ENOUGH." Dad finally bursts out. Everyone stops what they are doing and returns to their seats.

"I am going to make a call, your sister is going to come home tomorrow for good." He exclaims.

"What about us? What are you going to do?" Dante says referring to himself and Nico. "Nico you're a grown man now, there is not much I can do to you, but I hope you know what you have done and how disappointed I and the other boys are in you, you have lost my trust and it will not be an easy thing to gain back and the same goes for you Dante. Dante you are also grounded until further notice. I want all your electronics and your car key as well as you wallet, you will have a curfew of 10pm and you will only go to school and home unless i say otherwise. Do I make myself clear." Dad stated.

"Yes father." I say "That's it? I mean I thought you would send me away like you did her?" Dante says shock evident in his voice.

"I've had enough of missing my children grow up. I was going to wait until the summer break for Marina to come home and stay home but I don't think that is fair to her. But just because you are not leaving doesn't mean you are not going to pay the price. When she does come home after dinner tomorrow evening both of you will join Marina and I in my office and you can both explain to her yourselves what you both did to her." Dad says.

"Now, everyone go to bed, we are going to have a long day tomorrow." With this everyone goes to their rooms.

Tomorrow is gonna be interesting to say the least...