Chapter 28

Hayley's Pov:

I waited.

And waited.

And waited.

But nobody came.

It must have been two or three hours I stayed where Andrew told me to hide. I stayed in his closet as tears streamed down my face, as my hands covered my mouth so no noise escaped me.

My mother was dead and I didn't know where my father and brother were. They should have come for me by now...right?

I wait a little longer as I try to work up the courage to leave the closet and finally I do. The door squeaks open quietly. It's silent. Not a noise in the whole house. It's never this quiet. Something is really wrong.

"Dad?" I call out but no answer ever comes.

"Drew?" I call out but a reply is never heard.

"Please come out. I-I don't want to be alone anymore." I call as the tears spill from my eyes. I turn the corner and see my mothers body, now cold. I let out a sigh and a sniffle but continue on my way.

I pass guards and what I assume were intruders as their bodies litter the floor, their blood coating the elegant wallpaper mother had put in only days ago. Kneeling down I pick up a gun from one of the dead bodies to use just in case.

I come to the final corner of the floor as I stop. I take only last deep breath and close my eyes. Calm, I need to be calm.

Once focused I take a cautious step then another and another until I am standing in front the las thing I ever wanted or expected to see. My dead brother lay in the arms of my dead father who is slumped against the wall with a bullet in his head.

In that moment everything fades. The ringing in my ears is loud and my vision is clouded.

"NO!! You can't leave me alone! Andrew! Dad! No you can't be...Y-you just can't be." I cry out as I fall to my knees. They are all dead my whole family is dead.

"You're all gone." I whisper to myself.

What now?!

What do I do now?!

I'm not sure how long I knelt in front of them but I am snapped away from my downward spiral as music plays?

Music?

No

A ring tone.

My phone.

I get up and run to my room. There on my beside table is my phone, where I had left it last night. When everything was fine...When my family were...

Anyways...I put the gun on my dresser and go to the phone. How is it only 8:42am, the day has barley begun. I see I have a message from...No!

How? I have a message from Drew.

Then realisation kicked in, those motherfuckers took his phone.

I open the message and see multiple pictures of my family, dead. Then more pictures I didn't expect.

Pictures of the Italian and Russian families. But the ones that really stuck out, Marina and Leo dancing from last night. Pictures of her leaving the club. Pictures of her walking into her house and then of her sleeping.

Not even a second later a new message pops up.

Drew🧸: 3720 West harbour lane. 10am. Come alone, leave your phone behind. You don't show up or if you tell anyone your friends and their families will suffer the same fate as your own. You know who.

-V.P.

I dropping the phone on the bed and run the the bathroom immediately throwing up in the toilet.

Fuck. What do I do?!

I now have less than an hour to get to the address. So, I stop and think. The mafia is mine now. I have to be strong. I have to be brave.

So what do I do you may be asking yourself? I take a page out of Marina's book and turn my emotions off. I can grieve later.

Next, to the closet. I pull out my mission gear. I don't go on them often but once in a while I help out. I never really wanted to be involved fully in this life, I don't really have a choice anymore. I pull on an all black outfit with black docks and I throw my hair into a ponytail.

I exit my room. Ignoring all the blood and dead people including my family I walk straight into my father's office and open the secret door that contains weapons.

Grabbing a few  along with some other
equipment I walk down the stairs.

Shit, they even killed the maids.

I walk past and grab a set of keys and a helmet. I take one last look at what is left of the place I once called my home and step out, closing the door behind me.

I vow that even if it's the last thing I do I will make sure Viktor and anyone who follows him or loves him will burn along side him.

You better be ready because I'm coming for you asshole.