Chapter 18

'Maybe I can be happy...'

Macro's pov:

*The night of the dinner*

After Marina ran to her room I decided it was a good time to discuss some business with my sons.

"I was planning of letting everyone know that I will be leaving for New York tonight. I know it is last minute but we are having some issues with our Russian alliance." I say to the boys. Romeo, Lorenzo and Nico already know. The others know some.

"As you know currently there is a war going on. A new anonymous threat is trying to dethrone the capo of the Russian mafia. As per our alliance I am going to offer resources and help them keep their position." I see them agree with me.

"I am going to tell Marina about the 'business' when I get back from the trip." I state to them. They visibly tense up at this piece of information. To say they were not sure if it was a good idea would be an understatement.

"She deserves to know as she is part of this family. It is also to keep her safe, if she knows she can be more careful about her movements and such. While I am away I expect you all to look after your sister, I know we are not on good terms with her at the moment but try okay? She needs love, she need all of us and we need her."

There were a lot of yes dads and okays going around the table. Everyone was in their heads probably thinking about how she will take the news of us being the head of the Italian mafia.

*New York*

I have made my way to my mansion in New York, Romeo has informed me of that Marina took off. But I know exactly where she is. I have the location of her phone and I was also informed by Mr and Mrs. Stone that the staff say she is in the house.

I am glad she has good friends but I don't like how close she is to that boy. Adam Stone is the head of the American mafia but resides in Italy due to a threat placed on his family. We have a great alliance with them, as they are more like family. They have been out of the country trying to handle the Russians but the war has escalated.

Mr.Petrov sent his children and wife to Italy to keep him from harm while this war is happening. As part of the alliance they are under protection by my mafia and also the Americans.

I am meeting with the Russians and Americans to discuss what our strategies are going to be to win this war.

Marina's pov:

It has been a week since the talk and things have been going well. I made it clear to all of my brothers that just because I am giving them a chance for us to be a family doesn't mean I have forgave and forgotten their behaviour. They understand and are trying to be better.

Tomorrow I get to go back to school after a lot of begging Romeo. I feel like I have been on house arrest, my brothers have been babying me all week telling me to rest and make sure to stay hydrated.
*eye roll.*

The three youngest of the boys went back to school a few days ago and I've been hanging out with Nico and Romeo mostly. Lorenzo and I talk but it's clear he doesn't know how to act around me, I am kinda the same way, it's really awkward so we mostly do our own thing.

It's now Wednesday evening and I am soooo bored. Hayley came to visit yesterday and brought tequila. I love her. We have already had dinner and the older boys had to go to the office and handle some 'work' emergency. So it's Aurelio, Dante, Lukas and I in the house.

I am almost sure they are all playing video games because every so often I hear them screaming about how someone is cheating.

Currently I am sitting in the bathtub watching criminal minds on my laptop and drinking tequila. It's a vibe if you ask me. I even dimmed the lights.