Chapter 29

Marina's Pov:

I slowly wake up some what later than I usually do. I kept tossing and turning in my sleep like something was wrong but eventually slept for a few hours. Letting out a huff, I sit up and look around my room.

I think about my family. What do I do?

Do I just give up on having a family now? They treat me like dirt over and over again to 'protect me' when will they realise that each time they do it the more I want nothing to do with them.

Finally I drag my ass out of bed and into my closet to find and outfit that is just some lounge wear then exit, closing the closet door. I head to the bathroom and take a relaxing shower.

Scrubbing and shaving everything. A little self maintenance always brings my mood up. But this time I just can't help but feel off.

After my shower I dowse myself in lavender lotion and but my clothes on. I put my towel and other clothes in the laundry and exit the bathroom. I sit at the vanity and dry my hair and put on some mascara and lip gloss.

I stare at myself in the vanity mirror for a moment. Why do I feel so wrong today? What am I missing?

Then something catches my eye.

My closet door.

Why is it open?

Slowly I reach for the gun in the vanity drawer pulling it out slowly and then walking quietly to the closet. I yank the door open and find no one.

What I do find are pictures. Lots of them. Of me. Of my family. Of Hayley and Andrew and their family. Of Leo and his family. They are all scattered around the closet. Then a note hanging from the wall with a knife stabbed through it.

Hello my beautiful,

I am sorry for our last meeting but it had to be done. Soon you will be back with me and you will be my queen. Meet me 3720 West harbour lane at 10 am. Don't keep me waiting, your family may suffer like the Americans if you do. See you soon my queen.

-Viktor xx

What the fuck?!

What does he mean the suffer like the Americans?

I pull the note from the wall but fund more pictures behind it. I pull the knife and take the pictures in my hand.

No

No

No

This cannot be happening. God no!

They are dead. NO!

I run from the closet and try to find my phone. Where the fuck is it?!

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I grab it and call Andrew. No answer.

I call Hayley. No answer.

I check the time. 9:14am.

Motherfucking fuck. I quickly change my clothes.

I guess it's not gonna be a lounge day after all.

I cope with sarcasm, kill me.

TOO SOON MARINA!

I change into black leather pants, black boots and a black turtle neck as I tie my hair up. I have a feeling things are gonna get messy.

 I have a feeling things are gonna get messy