Chapter 26

Marina's Pov:

Standing there stunned as Leo left.

Did that really just happen?!

I leave that dance floor and head over to the bar. "Hello love, what can I get for ya?" The bartender asks. I order a shot of tequila and a margarita because why the fuck not.

Downing that shit, I pay and make my way out of the club as I no longer feel in the party mood.

Fuuuck why did he have to do that?! Doesn't he know I have enough to over think and there he went just dumping onto the pile.

At least the night life is buzzing and therefore easier to find a taxi, which I do. The ride home was silent, maybe Mr. Taxi-man could tell I wasn't in much of a talking mood from the glare on my face.

I walk up the long driveway and head inside the house and make a b-line straight for my room. I can hear some people talking in the kitchen. By this time the heels were off and I was in ninja mode sneaking up the stairs.

I exhale a breath when I make it to my room. Tossing my shoes to one side, I go to the closet looking for some sweatpants and a jumper.

I get the surprise of my life when I find Lukas sitting in my desk chair.

"What do you want?" I ask, eyeing him as he eyes me. Well more the outfit I was wearing.  "I just wanted to check on you, where were you?" He asks leaning back in my chair.

"I was out. Now I'm tired so get out." I tell him with my cold expression on my face. He looks sad, as he stands up and walks towards me. "I'm sorry I've been distant to you since...ya know..." He scratches the back of his hear awkwardly.

"I really don't care if you're sorry, you all left me so struggle after we were kidnapped. You claim to care and then you ignore me when I need you all after we went though that shit show." I say and brush passed him into the bathroom.

I take a long shower and change my clothes, then do my skin care and brush my teeth. Just as I come out of the bathroom I hear a knock at my door.

WTF What is this, bother Marina night?

I open the door and find my father and Lukas at my door.

"Can I help you?" I ask. From the look on Lukas' face I'd say he told him about our earlier conversation.

"Hi baby, we are all going to have a late movie night since work ran long. There is take-out and some other snacks and stuff down there. Come down please." My father tells me in his soft voice that he only uses on me.

Well hate to break it to ya Pops but that shit isn't gonna work this time.

"No thanks, no really in a movie mood." I tell him and attempt to close the door, but he stops me.

"Well you still need to eat so come down and get some food, we got Chinese." And with that, without me even saying a word Lukas pulls me out of my room and down to the movie room where the rest of my brothers were waiting.

None were surprised to see me, meaning Lukas talk to them all.

Great.

"Come principessa, food is over here." This was my oldest brother who took my hand and brought me over to two free seats. Each had a box of food and snacks on the seat waiting.

Through this I didn't say a word, nor did I let the emotionless face I was sporting slip.

I take the box of Chinese food, along with a drink and pair of chopsticks and turn around to leave.

"Bambina where are you going?" This time it was Aurelio who spoke confusedly. I could tell the others were going to ask too.

So I simply said, "The kitchen." and left.

I got to the kitchen and sat at the island and started to eat my food. After about 10 minutes most of them are standing in the kitchen near the door. I ignore them and continue to eat my food as the just stare at me.

Once finished I leave, I think they assumed I was going to go back to the movie room since Lorenzo piped up went I was headed for the stairs. "Marina, movie room is this way."

Lukas and my father looked deflated, like they thought if I saw everyone and they talked to me for one night suddenly I would forget everything they have done.

Not gonna happen.

My response was simple. "I'm going to bed."

And that is exactly what I did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe if I had been more attentive or checked my phone one time tonight I would have seen the urgent texts from my best friends.

Maybe everything wouldn't have ended the way it did.

Maybe the people I care about wouldn't have died.

Maybe then I wouldn't de gone too.