Chapter 24

Romeo's POV:

In the past few weeks since the twins have been home from the hospital things haven't been the same.

Dad refuses to tell Marina about the mafia to 'protect' her. I on the other hand want to tell her along with most of my brothers. I feel like she has a right to know, being apart of this family.

I know where dad is coming from he just wants to keep her safe but I disagree that keeping her in the dark is keeping her safe. I think apart of him is scared she would see him and us differently if we told her.

Well at least I feel like this.

But it's worth the risk if it means she is safe, plus she is strong, she can handle it but I can't do anything since dad is so insistent in not telling her.

I can tell the boys all feel bad and guilty. It's why they are all avoiding her. At first you could see she was hurt by this. But now she just wears the same cold emotionless exterior she had when she first came home from boarding school.

I myself, feel horrible. Just when we started to get close and bond, I have to keep my distance and set an example for the other boys being the oldest.

Avoiding the questions is what I'm doing but avoiding the questions means avoiding her too and it's not just hurting her it's hurting all of us, it's hurting me.

I need to talk to dad again. I don't know how much longer I can do this. I miss her smiles and laughter and her cuddles, but most importantly I just miss her presence and how she makes this house feel like a home.

Marina's POV:

Once I arrive at Andrew and Hayley's house I find that neither are home so I just let myself in. 

Don't worry I didn't break in...I found a key.

After about an hour of boredom I decide no more feeling sorry for myself.

I haven't gone out in a while...

So once I raid Hayley's closet I find a dress and do my hair and makeup.

Fuck I'm a sexy bitch

After getting ready I decide to text Andrew and Hayley to see where they are.

The best bitches:

Me:
Where are you guys?

Hayleyboo😘:
Did you break into our house again?

Me:
Technically you can't break in somewhere when you have a key.

Drewbear🧸:
That's debatable...

Me:
No it's not.
You didn't answer my question!
😒😞

Drewbear🧸:
Dad called us both down to the warehouse to discuss something. Idk what tho.

Hayleyboo😘:
It's definitely weird.
Gtg we just got to here.

Me:
...Have fun with all that, I'm going out.

~~~

Andrews POV:

Walking into one of my fathers warehouses along side Hayley, both of us lost in our own thoughts about what our father could possibly want. It's not like him to call us down to one of his warehouses.

Finally reaching his office door that is closed I give Hayley one last look before knocking.

"Come in." I hear faintly from the other side of the thick, dark wooden door that stood in-front of me. Hayley reaches for the door nob, opening it for both of us.

To my surprise my father isn't alone in his office as my mother, Nico, Lorenzo, Romeo and Marco Salvatore are all present along with Leo and his father Dimitri Petrov were there also.

"Dad? What's going on?" I ask my father. His face held frustration, and he looked tired.

"Andrew, Hayley please have a seat." He says as he gestures to the two empty seats in front of his desk. At this both the Italian and Russian mafias make their way out of the office. 

"Dad?" Hayley questions gain his attention as he seemed to be lost in his thoughts.

My father stands from his chair and walks around the large wood desk before leaning against it directly in front of us.

"After much discussion and thought, your mother and I think it's best if we return to America. It's not safe here in Italy anymore, we came here to protect you both but it seems we have only put you in more danger, so I feel it time to return home to the rest of the family while we try sort this situation out." My father state matter of factly leave both Hayley and I's mouth part in shock.

I have to say, I definitely did not see this coming.

~~~

Third person POV:

For the next several hours the children of the American mafia yelled, cried and pleaded not to return to America.

But in the end it was no use, the Don had made up his mind and there was no changing it. No matter what.

~~~

Hi!!
Yes I'm aware it's been a while and that this chapter is not as long as my other chapters usually are but I've been so busy this summer I haven't been able to write much.

I'm going to try to write more this august and September hopefully I throw out a few more chapters.

But don't worry this book isn't coming to an end any time soon.

XX
-M