Chapter 23

Marina's POV:

Weeks have passed by since I woke up in the hospital. I'm healing nicely, all that's left on my body are some bruises and new scars.

I have been keeping space from my family, which has been easy, they are never really home. Dad is spending all his time trying to find Petrov and his men that got away.

My brothers have been busy too. The older ones are helping dad and the younger ones don't know how to act. They are either out or hanging out together, including Lukas.

Lukas talks to me once in a while to check in but it's clear he doesn't know what to say or do, which I can't blame him. They haven't told me about the mafia yet and I'm just waiting, they know they need to but they are avoiding me and that topic all together.

But it's not just them avoiding me, I have found myself avoiding them. I let them in to easily and we got hurt, I've decided that avoiding and talking to them as little as possible is what I should do.

Anyway, I've been back in school for a week now so have Lukas, Andrew and Leo. But Leo has is rarely around and when he is he won't talk to me. I see the anger and hurt in his eyes. He thinks it's his fault what happened to us.

I'm pulled from my thoughts when my alarm goes off meaning it's time to get ready for school.

Once dressed and ready I wait until the last possibly minute to head down stairs to avoid my family

When I reach the kitchen all conversations stop and it becomes quiet. I roll me eyes at this and look around to see a plate of pancakes where I usually sit but I don't go there, instead I take an apple and leave the kitchen.

Before I make it to the door I hear my name and turn around and see all my brothers looking at me with different emotions. Some hold sympathy others have pity and some have blank faces.

"Are you not going to eat?" Romeo asks me in a soft voice with no emotion present, motioning to the pancakes.

I shake my head, giving my brothers one last look over before leaving the house.

Today I'm getting a ride to school with Andrew, he is the only one who is being normal with me. Hayley has been busy, she got into a new relationship and it's basically her whole personality now.

"Hey Marina." Andy greets as I get into his car. "Hi Andy." I say in a small voice. I haven't really been feeling like myself lately and he knows it.

I see him look over at me thinking before he speaks. "Lets go back to my house. It's empty, I'll make breakfast seeing as you having eaten." Referring to the apple in my hand. "We will chill out and just go to school at like lunch time. How does that sound?" He asks raising his eyes brow.

"It sound lovely. I don't know the last meal I ate that wasn't a snack, since things with my family I've been avoiding eating with them." Andy nods his head in understanding.