Chapter 17

'I love my brothers...'

Click

I am woken up by a flash of light and someone softly laughing. "Shhh you'll wake them up."
"Turn your god damn flash off idiota." Smack.
"Hey!" I open my eyes to Nico and Aurelio standing near my bed arguing.

"Can you guys argue somewhere else." I say coughing as I do. "Great you woke her up. You happy now?!" Nico exclaims. "Weren't we supposed to wake them up?" Aurelio look at him weirdly.

"It's lunch time bamina. That doctor said you can't take your pills on an empty stomach." Nico clarifies. "But I'm not hungry." I say closing my eyes again.

Just when I think they have left I feel some one pick me up. Then Lukas' eyes snap open looking around to see what's going on. "Hey what are doing, let her rest." He looks to Nico who is holding me. "It's lunch time. She needs to take her medicine. Come one." Nico tells Lukas.

Nico carries me all the was to the dining room, where Romeo and Lorenzo are waiting. Nico sets me down in my seat giving my head a kiss before walking to his chair.

"I have spoken to Dante. He is going to leave school early and we are going to have a conversation. All of us." Romeo tells everyone at the table. Lunch was sandwiches and chips. I only ate a little before deciding I was done.

"You need to eat more love." Lukas leans over to tell me. I shake my head and lay my head on the table. "Only because you are sick. I have noticed since you have been back you have been eating lots more, I am very proud of you, you look really healthy and not so skinny." Lukas says in Russian.

"I think we should tell them." I say in Russian. Lukas eyes widen and he drops his sandwich back onto his plate. Turning his body in his chair to face me. "Are you sure. We don't have to tell them." He says grabbing my hand. "I think if I am giving you guys a chance and we are clearing the air that we should probably tell them." I give him a soft look, I know this will be hard for him.

"But only if we both agree." I tell him. "I have wanted to tell them for a while, but now that it's real...I'm scared. I just need to think. Is that okay with you?" He says deep in thought. I nod my head and say "Yes of course. We need to agree together and if you are not ready then we will wait."

Our conversation if interrupted by someone clearing their throat. We turn to see that everyone is looking at us. "Yes?" I says breaking the awkward silence. "You know it's annoying that we can't understand you." Nico says.

"What where you talking about?" Lorenzo looks at me and Lukas wanting an answer. Lukas starts to talk. "At our conversation later, we want to tell you all something." My head snaps to him. "Are you sure? We don't have to. We can do it at a different time if your not ready." Now everyone is invested in the conversation.

"No it's time. They should know." Lukas says looking around at everyone. "Is it something serious? Are you both okay?" Aurelio wants to know. "We will tell you all later today, Dante should be there too." I say.

I am now sitting in my room along with Lukas deciding on how we should tell them that not only was our mother a drug addicted , alcoholic, neglectful bitch but also used to beat the shit out of us almost every day and starve me because I was 'too fat'.

We where interrupted at the sound of a knock at the door. Soon the door opens and in walks all my brothers. I guess it's time...