Chapter 15

'What the hell is my life...'

'Where are these dumb fucks!'
I've been standing here for like fifteen minutes.

Then I see them all come out together looking pissed. Oh shit. "Finally where have to all been?" I question them. "Just get in the car." Dante says. Grumpy Dante is back yay. Ugh.

The car ride was tense. There was not a lot said and when we got home I headed straight to my room. I did my homework and took a nap.

I was woken up by Nico telling me it was dinner time. Not gonna lie I feel sick but I think it was just the events of today. Before I went to dinner I changed into sweat pants and t-shirt, then tied my hair into a ponytail.

The table is silent and all you can hear is the scraping of silverware against plates. Lukas, Dante and Aurelio look pissed off. I bet Lukas told them about Leo.

I was pulled out of my thoughts by Dante speaking. "So are you gonna tell everyone what rules you broke today or am I?"
'The fuck! Talk about a snitch.'

Oh of course Dante had to pipe up! Just when I thought he was gonna actually try be a good person.

"Marina. Explain right now!" My father says his voice laced with anger. I didn't say a word. Instead I just continued to glare at Dante with hatred.

"She broke three rules. She skipped class, didn't sit with us at lunch and was talking to a boy." He states but this time it's not like he wants to get me into trouble. His face wears no smirk or hint of enjoyment. I can see the guilt in his eyes.
'What the fuck is he playing at? I just can't figure him out.'

I look from Dante to everyone's else's faces, everyone was wearing a murderous look.

'I'm dead.'

I don't give anyone anytime to say anything as I stand up from the table and run to my room.
'They can't kill me if they can't catch me.'

From there I lock the door and start to freak out as I hear a pounding on the door. 'You are strong. You are not the same little, defenceless girl you where. They won't hurt you.'

Who am I kidding I don't believe a single word I am thinking. Lukas hurt me today. He is no better than our mother. Who is to say the others aren't gonna hurt me.

I pace around the room for a few more minutes. I know I can't stay here. Not tonight anyway. I pack a bag and climb the tree next to my window until I am safely back on the ground.

I sneak past the front gate and head to Andy and Hayley's house. I texted them to let them know I was coming. Apparently their parent where still away.

As I walk there I can't help but think about the fact that Dante was supposed to tell us the truth tonight. Ugh maybe this was his way of chickening out. What a pussy.

As I get to the front door I see Andrew waiting for me. "Hey hun, what going on?"  He looks concerned. I don't even give myself a chance to explain as I just start to cry. Not cry, sob.

Drew picks me up so my legs are wrapped around his waist, then takes my bag from me throwing it over his shoulder and walks up the stairs to his room.

Setting my bag on the ground then placing me on the bed, I slip my shoes off and get under the covers with Andrew. We lay there with my head on his chest listening to his heart beat while he rubs circles on my back.

I have stopped crying by now, as we lay in a comfortable silence I begin to drift off to sleep. Not a word was said between us the whole night.

*The next morning.*

I wake up to someone playing with my hair. As the events of yesterday flood back to me I remember what happened last night a wave of sadness hits.

Just as I was starting to think we where getting somewhere, that look they all gave me was too much. It reminded me of mom of the rage she held in her eye every time she beat me or Lukas.
I couldn't take it. It was too much.

"Hey Maisie, how are yah feeling?" I hear Andy's soft morning voice say to me. He knows my past and understands me. When I need time he gives it to me and when I'm ready to talk he listens.

"I feel...sad." I whisper, as my throat hurts. Actually now that I think about it my body aches and I kinda feel like imma about to throw up.

"I don't feel well." I continue. I feel Andy place a hand on my forehead. "Mar you've got a fever. We are gonna stay in bed today. Okay?" He says kindly to me.

"But school. You can't miss another day. A-and my brothers-" I say not thinking properly. "And nothing you are sick and stressed out and whatever happened last night just pushed you over the edge. We are not going anywhere today."

Before I get a chance to talk I suddenly get nauseous and head to the bathroom puking my guts out.
'Shit. I'm sick.'
'Not shit.'
'Shut up.'

"It's okay let it out, you're okay." I hear Andrew say as he holds my hair and rubbing my back.
I get cleaned up changing into one of Andy's
t-shirts and a pair of shorts I brought.

"Hey I forget to ask but where is Hayley?"

"Oh umm well...she sorta met this girl at the mall before we got there and I guess they hit it off and well they went on a date last night. I guess things went well because she text that she was sleeping over."

"Wow. Wait why didn't she tell me?!"

"Honestly, we've both been a bit worried about you lately and we wanted to give you some space to maybe get to know your brothers a little better."

"I got to know them better and I've learned they are assholes."

"Sorry hun."

"It's okay. As long as I've got you and Hayley. That's enough for me."

The rest of the day went by with not much happening. I didn't bother looking at my phone. I continued throwing up all day. And my temperature didn't go away. I mostly slept or cuddled with drew.

I know I have to go home sometime. I just can't face them. Reluctantly I turn my phone on, seeing I have a lot of missed calls and texts from my brothers and father I know I have to go deal with this.

"Hey Andy?" I say grabbing his attention from the movie we are watching. "Hmm." He mumbles. "I think it's time for me to leave." He pauses the movie and turn towards me. "Are you sure?" He looks sincere. "Yeah. It's time." I say

"I'll drive you. You can keep your things there so when you come by you don't need to worry about packing stuff." I smile at him.

Soon enough we pull up to the mansion. We both get out and he walks me to the door giving me a hug. "Text me and keep me updated on how you are doing. And anyone says or does anything to you tell me and I'll come over. I don't care about them only you."

I see him off before I head inside. All my brothers come from in the living room as soon as they hear the door open.
'Oh my god. I can't do this.'