Chapter 2: Reunion

Kiyo POV

It has been years since I saved Kei from her bullies and here she is with us on the way to Tokyo Metropolitan Advance Nurturing High school.

So far, everyone I know in the past universe or world is present and no change in their personality. And they are Hirata Yosuke, and Sudo Ken. How did I do it, huh?

I joined the favorite sport where they are in and my hypothesis is surprisingly accurate and it worked.

Putting those thoughts aside, while in the car, I played "My Ordinary Life" by Living Tombstone with my earphones on. I kind of like this song since the title itself states the situation I am in right now; not to mention the lyrics reminds me of how the instructors thought of me inside the White Room. But I don't care about that now. I am free. Free as a bird.

Here comes the chorus.

They tell that I'm special, I smile and shake my head
I'll give them stories to tell friends about the things I said
They tell I'm so humble, I say I'm turning red
They let me lie to them and don't feel like they've been misled
They give so much to me
I'm losing touch, get me?
Served on the silver platter ask for seconds they just let me
They tell me I'm a god, I'm lost in the façade
Six-feet off the ground at all times I'm feeling odd
No matter what I make, they never see mistakes
Makin' so much bread, I don't care that they're just being fake
They tell me they're below me, I act like I'm above
The people blend together but I would be lost without their love

(A/N: Author-kun's favourite music is After Dark. SKL. 🤣)

Without realizing, we already arrived at the entrance of the school. I felt my shoulder being poked by Kei. She then removed my earphones and shouted at my ear.

"WAKE UP, SLEEPY HEAD! WE'RE HERE!!!"

I heard my mother giggled.

"Okay, okay, got it, ma'am," I replied in a bored tone.

Getting out of the vehicle, I was reminiscing the past where I was interrupted by Horikita in the gate where I was about to take my first step in.

"Kiyo, Kei-chan, take care of each other, okay?"

Despite giggling earlier, her voice sounded rough like she's about to cry. I internally sighed at my mother's sudden mood change.

"I can't.... I can't stop... here come the water works.... Huwahhhhh...!!!" She cried like a little kid while Dad sighed and giggled while covering his face with his huge arm. I hugged my mother to stop her from crying; to also avoid unnecessary attention from students passing.

"Calm down, Mom. It's not like I won't miss you too, right?" This is not a lie. This came from the very bottom of my heart.

"R-Really? Th-Then, we'll celebrate your birthday 3x when you arrive, since you miss your 3 years with us," she said while wiping her tears.

"I'm fine with it, Mom."

Dad then wrapped his big arms around the three of us and he called out to Kei, who was like also a family member to us, to join the hug.

"Kiyotaka, remember not to get all the girls' heart, okay? Take good care of yourself. You too, Kei-chan. See you two in the next 3 years!" Dad said.