Chapter 7: Horikita Sisters

Kiyo POV

I don't know if the universe or the multiverse really assigned me to save Horikita from getting beat up by her older sibling since this night is the exact date Horikita will reunite with her elder sister or brother that ended up pretty badly for her.

My throat was pretty dry and I couldn't sleep just like the last time, so I went to the lobby's vending machine and buy any cold drink that suits my taste as of the moment.

My female self must have slept by now. She must have been exhausted since I saw her with Kei's gang earlier at the mall after class getting dragged around to socialize. I sympathize you, Ayanokouji Kiyone.

Just as I was about to return to my floor and ignore Horikita and let her get beaten by her sister, the elevator halted at the seventh floor.

I checked on who it was and looked at the CCTV. And just as I expected, I saw Horikita riding the elevator car still dressed in her school uniform.

I was curious on what will be Horikita-senpai's reaction on her sister's class getting promoted, so I decided to follow her and watch things unfold.

I hid behind the vending machine as soon as the elevator's door opened revealing Horikita Suzune.

Looking wary of her surroundings, she exited the building. After she'd vanished into the night, I decided to follow after her yet again in this time line.

Damn my curiosity.

I instinctively hid again after I turned the corner. Horikita stopped in her tracks. I sensed another person was with her. I slightly peeked and confirmed that it was the her sister, Horikita Makio.

"Suzune, I never thought you'd follow me this far..." Horikita-senpai said with a sigh.

In contrast to Horikita Manabu, Horikita Makio looked more exhausted and she looked she took less sleep than usual. I wonder why.

"N-Nee-san...," Horikita said in a worried tone. "a-are you alright? You look like you took less sleep than normal..."

"I'm fine," Horikita-senpai responded "By the way, congratulations on your class's promotion to Class B. I'm genuinely impressed." Horikita-senpai greeted her little sister with a rare smile.

Oh? Perhaps I'm right that the promotion of our class put Horikita-senpai's mood up even just a little, but I got this feeling inside me that it still won't end well for her little sister, Horikita Suzune.

"T-Thanks, Nee-san..." Horikita also smiled back and blushed.

Damn, siscon!

"On a related note, I heard that you were place in the former Class D which is the classroom of defects," Horikita-senpai said.

"That... I-I'll show you, Nee-san! I will reach Class A soo-"

Horikita-senpai pinned her little sister's arm on the wall with no hint of emotion.

Looks like Horikita-senpai's mood turned a 180° and was frustrated upon hearing her little sister use "I" instead of "we".

Well, I got to agree to the saying, "There is no "I" in team." But if I were Horikita, I'll proudly respond, "There's M E, bitch!" with a middle finger raised and stick my tongue out.

But this is Horikita Suzune we are talking about. No matter how much beating she receives from her elder sibling and no matter what universe it is, she will never fight back. That's just how much she loves her family.

I wonder if my dad will beat me to death if I were to treat my nonexistent little sister like that...?

Who knows. I better not let my curiosity take over me. My father is pretty scary when he's pissed, although it's very rare to see him with an irritated expression.