Chapter 6.9: Revelation

Kiyone POV

Half an hour later after Chabashira-sensei's class for the morning ended, Shiba-kun went in front where I was sitting and said something that caught me off guard.

"Ayanokouji-san, will you go out with me?"

Silence enveloped the classroom before everyone inside started going crazy. Ike and Yamauchi started invading Shiba-kun's personal space and started teasing him for being so-called a tsundere.

"At long last! The Kiyo X Kiyo ship has finally sailed!" Yamauchi along with Ike shouted in pure joy.

What ship?

Thud!

A loud thud was heard. Looking to my side, Koenji-san was lying on the ground motionless.

What...? Did Shiba-kun just confessed to me in front of the entire class...?

Have I gone dull in terms of analyzing? I'm pretty sure that analysis was pretty accurate.

Do I have a personality that Shiba-kun happens to like? Then what? I'm pretty sure my personality is not likeable as it's boring. Although not everyone has said it to me face to face, I still feel and think I am.

Kei-san then started shaking me as if her big brother who had been single his whole life finally found the courage to find a girlfriend.

"Ah, my bad. I phrased it wrong." he said while awkwardly scratching the side of his head. "Will you come with me, Ayanokouji-san? It'll only take about 10 minutes or probably more."

I nodded.

It appears that my analyzing skills hasn't dulled even a little. Good thing I stopped myself from analyzing more. If not, then it'll be incredibly embarrassing if someone were to read my mind.

Upon hearing what Shiba-kun said, Koenji-san immediately rose from the floor like nothing happened and wiped the dusts from her uniform.

"Thank goodness..." she muttered.

"Man, you're such a bummer! And here I thought our ship had already set sail!" Ike and Yamauchi exclaimed in unison.

Shiba-kun ignored their rants and proceeded to go outside the classroom. I followed him slightly trailing behind.

Eventually, we arrived at the rooftop. Shiba-kun opened the door to the rooftop and proceeded to enter. He probably did it so he won't make me feel uncomfortable. As gentleman as always, I see.

Shiba-kun stopped walking about three meters away from the door and I entered.

A few moments of silence surrounded us before Shiba-kun himself broke it.

"Ayanokouji-san, I'm going to be direct towards you," he said before continuing. "what happened to the peaceful and normal student life you once had dreamt?" he asked, locking his gaze to my eyes.

I froze on the spot upon hearing his question but I made it sure that he wouldn't notice it.

"What do you mean by peaceful and normal student life, Shiba-kun?" I decided to play dumb, although I have a feeling that it won't work.

"You can't fool me, Ayanokouji-san for I know you more than anyone here in this school."

"I'm sorry, Shiba-kun. But, I don't recall any memory of meeting you in my early days in this world."

"I guess I have no other choice but to say these two simple words," he sighed.

Two simple words? Don't tell me...