13.5: Island Exam II

Kiyo POV

After several minutes since my female self had signaled me to go and investigate a little about the other classes's strategies with her, I followed her to the thick jungle. There, I found her sitting under the shade of the tree, seemingly thinking about something deeply.

Upon noticing my presence, she called.

"Let's go, Shiba-kun?"

"Okay."

We started walking through the thick jungle.

I'm honestly surprised that Rokusaki allowed me to go with a girl, and alone at that. Though, I am thankful for it. Well, it's not like we will do anything indecent anyway.

"Say, Shiba-kun. Do you already have plans in mind?"

"I have. The only problem is I don't know Sakayanagi Ayato's strategy considering her female self in my reality has a handicap and wasn't able to join this special exam. Not to mention I don't know the full extent of his intelligence and understanding about the rules."

What I said was the entire truth. Despite battling with Sakayanagi's male incarnation dozens of times and beating him in chess, I still couldn't measure the limits of his intellect and his observation skills since there are times that he couldn't notice some of my obvious moves.

He is either holding back to test my capabilities and know how I operate to predict my future moves in both the game and for the future exams, or going all out and he just caps there. But I don't want to take any chances so I'll choose the former since the latter is hardly believable.

"And since he is a Sakayanagi, I'd rather rule out the possibility that he knows that it's possible on changing the leader. I don't want to take any chances."

"A Sakayanagi you say... Is his female incarnation a formidable opponent back in your reality?"

"Yes," I replied. "but not only that, Ayanokouji-san. I'll give you this warning. Sakayanagi Arisu's male incarnation here might also know about your existence and the White Room's existence."

I expected her to stop walking and make a panicked face, but my expectations were betrayed.

I would be lying if I say I don't want to see what face I was making when Sakayanagi revealed she knew my existence and the White Room's.

"Really? This just what makes it more exciting. Thanks for the heads up, Shiba-kun."

Eventually, we reached the cave where we can claim the spot. But just as I expected, a tall, blue-haired boy was standing outside the cave.

After a few minutes of waiting, an unfamiliar girl with dark hair came out of the cave, whom I assume was claiming the spot.

I haven't seen that girl back in my reality. Who could she be?

"You look puzzled, Shiba-kun."

"Well yeah, I am. I don't remember that girl from my reality." I replied and pointed to the dark-haired girl. "But what's more confusing is Sakayanagi-san already going out here so early. Didn't he anticipate that there will be people who will come and check the cave out? His behavior is unreadable."

"Is it, though?"

Without saying anything more, I already get what she was implying.

She closed the distance between our faces and her lips formed a tiny, rare, cute, and beautiful smile.

Blood slowly rushed through my face and I hurriedly pulled away and made it sure that my face getting red was unnoticeable. I unconsciously did some Russian military breathing techniques to speed up my heart rate and use it as an excuse as to why my face was burning.