Chapter 17: Sports Festival-1/4

??? Monologue: Strangers With Memories

In my entire life, I never would've thought that something so bizarre like this were to happen. And just like as everyone says, "Be careful what you wish for."

4 years ago, in the exact same place but in a different timeline, I met a wonderful and interesting junior. An anomaly to the so-called elite-producing school. A truly strange individual.

Our interaction with each other in that time was brief.

However, as time goes by, I got slowly attracted and pulled towards him. Although my intention at first was just to flirt with him to irritate his girlfriend since it's undeniable that I am a beautiful girl, or perhaps a woman with a perfectly toned body.

Don't get me wrong, though. I am not an easy-to-get woman. After all, I know my value. This junior, however, has this strange charm within him. I can't express it in words nor can I even describe it in the first place.

The only thing I know is that being with his presence alone makes my day. And speaking of days, time is against me. It was as if it loathes my very existence.

With each time his presence is not around, time seems to move too slow, and whenever I hang out with him, time seems to accelerate and just as I feared everyday at that time, the time for me to finally depart and get my ways separated with him finally came.

After the graduation ceremony finished where I will soon be embarking to a new journey of my life, I decided to call him to see me off. Alone, of course. I don't want his girlfriend to go on yelling at me with this very little time I have left with him.

It was painful for me just to even imagine the possibility that I might not see him again.

I can still remember everything we talked about. That proof alone is the proof that I truly treasured his existence.

"Senpai," he called. "Congratulations. Is there any particular reason as to why you called me here?"

"Can't I spend a little bit of my time with my favorite Junior?"

"I don't mind. But if Kei were to know of this I will have a free ticket into one of her 3-hour sermon special."

Hearing him mention that gal irks me. But I tried to play it off. "Now, now, you're not gonna get into trouble with her, alright? Well, you can count this as a woman pushing herself into you."

Despite the fact that there are other students here in my grade waiting to catch a bus to ride home, my ride however has already arrived. And all that's needed to accomplish is one thing.

A last first kiss with him.

I pressed my lips into his and wrapped my arms around him as hard yet as gentle as I could before saying my farewell to him. "Farewell, Ayanokouji. Let's be strangers again. This time however, with memories."

With that I rushed off.

Days turns to weeks; weeks turns to months; and finally, months turned to a year. In all of those time, I never missed a day of wishing to comeback in time.

And exactly a year and 4 months, I suddenly woke up in my old dorm room supernaturally. It was strange at first and somehow panicked but I remembered there's a possibility that I might see him again so I waited patiently.