Chapter 9: Female Tyrant's Weakness

Kiyo POV

"Shiba! Pass the ball to me!" Sudo shouted from the corner behind the arc.

Since no one was guarding Sudo, I complied and passed the ball to him.

"Alright!" Sudo exclaimed before shooting the ball and scored.

The current score for us and the senpais are 7 - 10, just 3 more points for us and the match is over. We were just ahead by a single point earlier before Sudo made the shot.

Right now, we're playing 2 vs 2 with the senpais and the bet is at 15,000 points for each person. We didn't play in the gymnasium but outside, near where the tennis court is located because the volleyball club is currently playing there, much to our disappointment.

Of course, since we rose to the ranks of Class B, it's not that surprising that we can afford the bet to say the least.

"Damn it, the gap widened!" Itsuka-senpai shouted in frustration.

"My bad, I wasn't guarding Sudo properly." Yukihira-senpai said and scratched his head awkwardly.

Passing the ball to Itsuka-senpai, Yukihira-senpai ran to the right corner of the court. I followed him to avoid an easy score from them.

Itsuka-senpai posted up against Sudo. He bumped his body to twice before spinning to the right and bounced the ball to the board and scored.

The score is 7 - 10.

As far as I have observed between Sudo and Itsuka-senpai, Itsuka-senpai and Sudo are on par with each other when it comes to dribbling, defense, and stamina, Sudo's advantages against Itsuka-senpai in a 1 vs 1 is the height of his jump and height, meanwhile Itsuka-senpai's advantages are strategies to score a point, his agility and speed. But if I base on overall statistics, Itsuka-senpai is by far better than Sudo.

It's expected of the leader, I guess?

Yukihira-senpai passed the ball to me and smiled.

"Shinji, I'll guard Shiba this time..." Itsuka-senpai nodded in agreement, but I noticed that there was a hidden message conveyed through the nod.

"I won't let you get passed me this time, Shiba." He smiled.

Yukihira-senpai's words contained no malice but only excitement.

"Then..."

"!?"

"Ooohhhh! That was fast!!!" the audience in the background shouted.

"That was super fast!"

In almost in an instant, I had already driven past him. And just as I predicted, Itsuka-senpai went to the opposite way of Yukihira-senpai to guard me in case I get passed him.

Yukihira-senpai immediately ran to where Sudo was, and succeeded to halt me from completely getting past them and score.

I backed off a little while looking at Sudo if he is available or not in my peripheral vision but he was tightly guarded by Yukihira-senpai.

Once the distance between me and Itsuka-senpai widened, I began dribbling the ball with precise handles.

I dribbled the ball from my right hand to the left hand by dribbling the ball between my legs and transferred the ball again to the left.

Sudo ran to the center but Yukihira-senpai was still guarding him tightly, making him run back to the side about 1 and a half meters away from the ring.

Spinning my body halfway to the left with my back covering the ball from Itsuka-senpai's reach, Itsuka-senpai reacted by going to his right. I already anticipated that he will react like this, so I spun to my right again and dribbled the ball by my left hand, misdirecting and leaving Itsuka-senpai in the process.