Chapter 16: Taming a Praise-Feeding Monster

[A/N:Fair warning. This chapter contains several kinds of psychological manipulation that I observed practical and works on the person getting manipulated. I accidentally deleted this chapter while making another chapter lol. I hope Y'all don't mind.]

Kiyo POV

"Junior-kun. Don't you think it's such a shame that we are not in the same team?" Nagumo Miyuki-senpai asked as she do her tasks which is to sign the paperworks and other things only high-officials can do.

I nodded. "It sure is, Nagumo-senpai. I was looking forward to working with you and Horikita-senpai, although I think it'll be better if we compete with one another. Don't you think it's kind of exciting, Nagumo-senpai?"

It's basically not impossible that we can still compete while being in the same team, but knowing Nagumo-senpai's antics, she would be very much delighted if she can compete with an opponent that she judges as "equal" with her skills and talents that's why I chose this kind of approach as a reply.

"You know me quite well, Junior-kun. I am impressed. You sure tickled my curiosity even further now," Nagumo-senpai stopped working for a while and looked at me deep in the eye. "I'm looking forward to facing you, Junior-kun. Let's have fun?"

"Sure. I'm also looking forward to it," I replied to Nagumo-senpai and let out a little smile as I stood up from my seat upon knowing the time is almost at 5:30pm. "If you excuse me, Horikita-senpai, Nagumo-senpai, Tachibana-senpai. Now that I am finished with my work, can I have all of my senpais' permission to go home?"

Tachibana-senpai pouted. She must be wondering on how I was able to finish my tasks when we perfectly split the paperwoks in half.

"No fair, Shiba-kun! How are you able to finish your paperworks that fast?!"

"Well, probably practicing guitar and painting might help you with your focus, Tachibana-senpai." I joked causing Tachibana-senpai to pout even more.

Horikita-senpai surprisingly giggled along with Nagumo-senpai. Lesbian SHIP spotted!!!

"You may go now, Shiba. Thank you for your hard work," Horikita-senpai said.

"Same here, Junior-kun~ See you~"

I nodded and left.

After walking about 2 minutes after heading out of the student council office, I entered the annex and saw Kushida's figure, restlessly looking around for anyone to show up. Upon noticing my presence, she approached me. Her body language made that of a shocked and frightened posture.

Looks like she already received and seen my message containing a video of her conducting her nightly venting sessions and constantly badmouthing our classmates.

"Shiba...kun? Why are you here?"

I pulled my phone out and let Kushida see our conversation. The phone I'm currently holding isn't really mine but Rokusaki's so I better hold it with care. I don't want to get some scoldings and get grounded.

"I messaged someone to meet them here. Never thought that it'll be you, Kushida-san."

"Give me that!" Kushida extended both of her arms, trying to reach for my phone.

But because of the difference in our height, all I did was raise my right arm where I used to hold the phone upwards and used my left hand to hold her forehead. This sight is kind of childish and funny or can even be interpreted as couples just flirting in public in an outsider's perspective but the truth is very far from it.